VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Getting online with vector linux and AOL?  (Read 1178 times)

haywire

• Vectorian
Getting online with vector linux and AOL?
« on: May 25, 2008, 12:24:30 am »

We only have dial up... Worst yet, we have AOL.

I've heard that there is a linux program that WILL dial in and deal with whatever nonsense makes AOL not like a regular PPP dialer.

Problem being, I can't find more info, or a package for vector linux that I can install by downloading and copying to cd-r. If there is a way to do this can someone please help? I'm sure I'm not the only one with a vector pc with no internet connection due to AOL.

Any help or ideas?

If someone helps me connect my vector-pc to the internet with AOL, I will donate some more paypal cash to vectorlinux, or perhaps I will buy another set of 5.9 deluxe cds to show my support... I'd waste that money having another isp bill anyhow, and I'd like to help vector proceed in development.

My vector pc has no modem, but I have a spare external modem I could try.
If this dosn't work, I'm going to go join earthlink till I get a high speed connection. I remember earthlink worked with the PPP dialer in red-hat and suse linux a few years ago when I tried that.

Thanks for your help and suggestions,

Steven

uelsk8s

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Getting online with vector linux and AOL?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 08:19:03 am »

I did this for my mom back in VL 5.1
I will see if i can put a penggy package together for 5.9

haywire

• Vectorian
Re: Getting online with vector linux and AOL?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 08:35:17 am »

THANK YOU Uelsk8s,

That would be so much appreciated!

Steven