Author Topic: micro sd card issues  (Read 1768 times)

tmoney_wizfan

micro sd card issues
« on: May 25, 2008, 04:49:24 pm »
Hello.  I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with microsd cards on vector.  I have two microsd cards that I am reading in using a usb connector with a micro sd slot in it.  One card is a 1gb sandisk and the other is a 2gb kingston, both microsd.  I can read both of them and see their contents, but I can only write to the 1 gig.  I have both of them set to read and write privileges, but I can still only read+write to the 1 gig.  Could it be the size, the brand, the system???  Anyone else ever encounter something like this? It's pretty frustrating.  Help!

ultrasonicsite

• Packager
  • Vectorite
Re: micro sd card issues
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 05:53:57 pm »
Does one of them have a program that when you insert the USB stick on say a Windows system loads something called erm, let me check my USB..

*checks USB*

U3 smart?

I think you have to disable that if you have it or something like it. (It's like a USB manager thing that automatically loads on windows based systems.)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 05:55:53 pm by ultrasonicsite »

ultrasonicsite

• Packager
  • Vectorite
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 05:56:34 pm »
Does one of them have a program that when you insert the USB stick on say a Windows system loads something called erm, let me check my USB..

*checks USB*

U3 smart?

I think you have to disable that if you have it or something like it. (It's like a USB manager thing that automatically loads on windows based systems.)

Edit: Noticed its a card not a stick.

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 08:59:04 pm »
I only own a 1g card but never had any problems with it. Try the following steps and post the results here.
Code: [Select]
open a terminal and become root via the su command
tail -f /var/log/messages

insert the card
do this for both cards