Author Topic: Viewing CHM Files?  (Read 2232 times)

oblivion02

Viewing CHM Files?
« on: May 26, 2008, 10:03:49 am »
Hey, just wondering what you guys are using to view CHM files. I have a bunch of ebooks in this format, and since VL STD doesnt bring anything to read .chm files, I was wondering what you guys are using, or what have you done to read .chm files.

uelsk8s

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Viewing CHM Files?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 10:46:03 am »
I thought kchmviewer was there?

kidd

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 11:24:51 am »
kchmviewer is there, at least in slackware repos.....

I think it's the best chm browser out there (better than xchm IMO).  There are some apps to convert chm files to a bunch of html files.

kchmviewer tip:  scroll up and down with j and k.  press control and you'll see a label over links, type then the letter in the label to browse there.  Mouseless browsing rulez! ;)

oblivion02

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 12:31:56 pm »
Maybe its because I have VL 5.9 STD, but I cant find kchmviewer in gSlapt... Any suggestions?

kidd

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 02:20:37 pm »
kchmviewer is there, at least in slackware repos.....

No, it seems we don't have it.... but I'm pretty sure I've installed kchmviewer not so long time ago.... I've tried to install tha package from linuxpackages.net, but it seems I'm entering the dependency tracking hell....

oblivion02

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 10:45:19 am »
I just packaged xCHM. It has 2 dependencies: wxGTK and chmlib. I pakcaged chmlib and wxGTK is already in the testing repo. In case anyone else needs to read .chm files. ;)