VectorLinux
April 19, 2014, 07:19:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cinerella/Lumiera vector linux package request.  (Read 1504 times)
haywire
Vectorian

« on: May 27, 2008, 12:47:20 am »

Here is where it can be found : http://cvs.cinelerra.org/index.php
(well one fork of it anyway!)

In my searching for a linux capable video editing program... The best looking one I found was cinerella.

The developer of the linux multimedia cd here mentioned that its got alot of problems, and split off into different groups of developers/packages.

Still I wondered if anyone was able to get it working under vector linux, and if so could someone package it for vector linux?

Seems like a VERY powerful video editing tool, and I've drooled reading about it and looking at the screenshots.

Is it at all possible for vector linux or is it a bug infested mess?

I would be so happy if this ran well on vector linux... Any hope here?

Steven
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 08:10:07 am by The Headacher » Logged
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 04:56:05 am »

HEh!... try the Multimedia Bonus Disc. That thing is filled with everything you need to do video editing.

I'm no artist, but even I got some done not too long ago with the help of the multimedia bonus disc

exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 05:17:04 am »

Haywire, in the future could you post your requests in the package requests forum? http://www.vectorlinux.com/forum2/index.php?board=35.0 This is were packagers look for something to do if they have time available.  It's possible your request(s) may go unnoticed in this part of the board.

This part of the board is usually were discussion of various software occurs.
Thanks Smiley
haywire
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 09:23:54 am »

1) I have the multimedia bonus disc, in fact thats the main reason I chose vector linux in the first place. It does have some very basic video editors, but nothing like cinerella as far as features, effects, and so on. The developer mentioned they used to include cinerella, but had problems so it was discontinued I suppose from the multimedia bonus cd. Still, I am hoping this very powerful video application can be used on vector linux.

I was hoping someone could tell me if its able to be used with vector linux now, or
what I could do to try and get it working? I have not tried compiling from source but I guess I will try it and see. I just figured someone else around here has had to have tried it recently.

2) As far as posting in the wrong forum...Sorry guys It was very late, and I guess I didn't realize what area was what... I thought I WAS posting the requests in the proper place. Next time I'll know better... DOH!

As far as cinerella I was daydreaming about making a renderfarm out of older pc's all running vector. It would sure be something fun to use if it worked at all well. Ahhh I could imagine that would be cool indeed. The first step is obviously getting cinerella installed and running on vector. Does anyone know more about this application and its ability to run on vectorlinux (or inability to?)

THANKS!

Steven

rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 09:39:25 am »

I have installed cinelerra for fun some time ago, from a slackware repo. As you probably know, it is a huge app intended for professional use and requires about 4 gigs of ram to work properly, so I uninstalled it.
But I guess the answer is yes, it can run in vector. Sorry I cant give much info, I just dont remember where I found the package, I bet in linuxpackages.net or slacky.eu

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
MikeCindi
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 10:03:34 am »

Rbistolfi, perhaps this is where you got it: http://cvs.cinelerra.org/getting_cinelerra.php#slack.

The plans of the diligent lead to profit...Pro. 21:5
VL64 7.1b3                                     RLU 486143
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: