VectorLinux
August 20, 2014, 06:15:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: the latest and greatest way to subject people to scathing ridicule  (Read 1871 times)
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« on: June 02, 2008, 02:16:11 am »

http://www.yisongyue.com/shaney/

I'd be more than happy to explain how this script works at length, but to make a long story short, it functions best when there is a lot of text and when words in the text are *repeated* in different contexts. This script can be downloaded in a link at the bottom of the page, btw. It's handier that way.

Next time someone ridicules you on a forum or something, just wheel out the old Markov chain script and use their posts as stock for a hearty mockery stew. Why get yourself ground down by responding to a whole bunch of people by yourself with logic and reason, when dishing out dirt with the best of them is just a copy and paste away? They're too dumb to listen anyway.

I know these kinds of programs are extremely irritating because I wrote a cruder Python script for a persistent troll on another website that simply looked for keywords in someone's post and then tossed out a stock response from his repertoire. I then posted as him for a few hours. When he saw what happened, he got really pissed off and screamed until he was blue in the face, then stormed out like a little baby so he could sulk for a few days. I stumbled on the Markov method when I was reading about probability theory and it's way better because it can come close to a 'natural' imitation of someone's writing. A nonsensical imitation, to be fair, but one that hits too close to home.

I could simply copy/paste posts into a plain text file for each offensive poster to develop individual stocks or even merge all idiots into a single grotesque strawman. The possibilities are almost endless. See? Math is great.

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 01:29:28 pm »

that simply looked for keywords in someone's post and then tossed out a stock response from his repertoire
speaking of picking out key words...when I was reading this all I could hear was "your a noob go back to windows" rolling around in my head..which is what I got as response every time I ask a question at LQ..I admit I am a newbie.. still ..but I am not a noob...Hmmm..well in my opinion......I think it's time for my medication...cheers

Everything Is Relative
SuSE-Refugee
Ex-Officio
Vectorite

Dude In The Snappy Hat

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 01:07:00 am »

that simply looked for keywords in someone's post and then tossed out a stock response from his repertoire
speaking of picking out key words...when I was reading this all I could hear was "your a noob go back to windows" rolling around in my head..which is what I got as response every time I ask a question at LQ..I admit I am a newbie.. still ..but I am not a noob...Hmmm..well in my opinion......I think it's time for my medication...cheers
Ah yes; LQ....
Great site, but it does have its own stock of asstards...

Just be a bigger asstard and they won't bother you after a few posts.
The rest of the board will take their place from then on...

<Lame sig>
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 02:05:21 am »

LOL...well I did kinda try that but my posts were closed so no one else could respond...it is a big site...I must have been seen by the DMV moderator

Everything Is Relative
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 02:13:08 am »

The rest of the board will take their place from then on...

That's my point. You can never, ever show weakness on the Interwebs. And to prevent getting worn out, the Markov chain doo-hickey does wonders for automated asstardery.

SuSE-Refugee
Ex-Officio
Vectorite

Dude In The Snappy Hat

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 04:13:26 am »

LOL...well I did kinda try that but my posts were closed so no one else could respond...it is a big site...I must have been seen by the DMV moderator
Ah!
But the ART is to be a bigger asstard without getting the thread locked, so you can enjoy their squirming for a while.
Subtlety on the Internet , when finely honed, can be a weapon, more lethal than a full-scale nuclear attack.

Btw.- Since it's been quite a while since I went there; Is PrickyKid still moderator there?

<Lame sig>
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 06:27:39 am »

I'm wondering ... are the words asstard and asstardery in urbandictionary.com (looking up now) ... well, asstard is, so I suppose asstardery is as well by extension, though I would say that EFG has actually coined this word.

I'm pretty sure that at some point in the future I'll be the last person alive who speaks Standard American English as his native language. 

EDIT:  The above is inspired by this and the graphic is taken from
this ... WARNING:  Either or both may be found offensive by some; if in doubt, don't click the links.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 06:52:17 am by tomh38 » Logged

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 02:59:30 pm »

Btw.- Since it's been quite a while since I went there; Is PrickyKid still moderator there?

I think it was three years ago I was there but I recall it as prickykid asstardery althought I do not recall the handle of the moderator...

Everything Is Relative
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 05:48:41 pm »

Prickykid.

That nick does not bode well.

EDIT -

http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Hacker

And look, their wiki article about hackers contains poorly-informed, irrelevant POV ranting about medical conditions and misuses the term 'grok'. Glad to have you here instead.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 02:29:38 pm by Epic Fail Guy » Logged

SuSE-Refugee
Ex-Officio
Vectorite

Dude In The Snappy Hat

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 10:05:03 am »

Prickykid.

That nick does not bode well.

Oh well...
He actually calls himself "Trickykid", but being the enormous Prick he is, he deserved his "honorary" nick just fine.

<Lame sig>
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: