VectorLinux
April 15, 2014, 11:30:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Digicam Picture Transfer  (Read 2982 times)
Pita
Vectorian

« on: June 02, 2008, 07:46:33 pm »

I finally got a digital camera. Now which is the official VL program to transfer pictures from the camera to the computer? So far I found that only gthumb does the job for me. I do not have gimp installed.
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 03:28:23 am »

Pita, have you tried Gtkam?
I'm assuming your camera is new, so you will want to get the latest libgphoto2, gphoto2, and Gtkam from the testing repo.  Tons of cameras (sometimes several hundred) are added with each release. So you definitely want the latest.
Gtkam comes in 5.9 Standard by default, but may be too outdated for your camera.  The name slips me, but there is a KDE "kam" program that uses the gphoto2 libs as well.
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 08:11:36 am »

The name slips me, but there is a KDE "kam" program that uses the gphoto2 libs as well.
Digikam?

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 08:59:50 am »

Yeah that! Cheesy
Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 07:12:28 pm »

Thanks! I just got my Internet connection back. It stopped after this my last post. I tried gtkam, however, my camera was not listed. Will check for the upgrades as suggested.

Regards
wcs
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 09:14:02 pm »

Wasn't there some possibility of getting it to be recognized, if one added the vendor and device ids to the 30-libgphoto2.rules file?
Perhaps only in PTP mode?

I'm not sure, but I've read that it has been done with success. Might not apply to all cases but be worth a try.

So how are you transferring your pictures at the moment? Card reader?
I find that much more practical than the usb connection, if one happens to have it.
Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 07:47:49 pm »

So how are you transferring your pictures at the moment?

I am using ghtumb. Connect the camera to a USB port open gthumb and transfer the pictures. Works great, no hazzle, finds my camera, a sony cyper-shot, a gift, even my great-grandmother could do it. Forgot there were no computers yet around her time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: