VectorLinux
August 20, 2014, 12:31:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1511 times)
thunderheights

« on: June 05, 2008, 06:04:48 am »

I started using Linux about 8 months ago. My first experience with Linux was DSL and then Puppy. I think I learned more about linux using DSL but Puppy is still the greatest, when using as a recovery tool. I decided I wanted to try a bigger distro and Vector Linux 5.9 Light Beta 3 was my choice. The first time I tried VL, I couldn't get things to work, like connecting to the internet. I actually gave up and went back to DSL & Puppy. I had them both installed on my HD. I wasn't going to be satisfied, though, until I got VL Light up and running. After some trial and error, and a lot of help from the nice people in the forums. I have VL Light up and running, connected to the internet, obviously, and am really enjoying this distro. I am running VL Light with 64 MB RAM/ 754.36 MHz AMD Duron /30G HD, (1/2 of which I'm sharing with Win XP) and dial up. Not the most powerful setup...but it works for me...for now Smiley  I really like VL and the help from the forum is fantastic! I look forward to spending a lot of time here.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 06:12:45 am by thunderheights » Logged

Vector Linux 6.0   Laptop
2 GB RAM/1.9 GHz AMD Athlon X2 64/120GB HD dual booting w/ Win Vista
Vector Linux 5.9 Lite Desktop
64 MB RAM/ 754.36 MHz AMD Duron /30GB HD, (1/2 of which I'm sharing with Win XP)
kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 06:22:16 am »

Welcome aboard.

Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 09:25:38 am »

Welcome to VL, thunderheights!

Tom

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 02:22:54 pm »

hi thunderheights..vl-light is very impressive  and on 64megs ram is even more impressive..hope you enjoy this little distro as much as I...cheers

Everything Is Relative
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: