VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1694 times)

thunderheights

Hello
« on: June 05, 2008, 07:04:48 am »

I started using Linux about 8 months ago. My first experience with Linux was DSL and then Puppy. I think I learned more about linux using DSL but Puppy is still the greatest, when using as a recovery tool. I decided I wanted to try a bigger distro and Vector Linux 5.9 Light Beta 3 was my choice. The first time I tried VL, I couldn't get things to work, like connecting to the internet. I actually gave up and went back to DSL & Puppy. I had them both installed on my HD. I wasn't going to be satisfied, though, until I got VL Light up and running. After some trial and error, and a lot of help from the nice people in the forums. I have VL Light up and running, connected to the internet, obviously, and am really enjoying this distro. I am running VL Light with 64 MB RAM/ 754.36 MHz AMD Duron /30G HD, (1/2 of which I'm sharing with Win XP) and dial up. Not the most powerful setup...but it works for me...for now :)  I really like VL and the help from the forum is fantastic! I look forward to spending a lot of time here.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 07:12:45 am by thunderheights »
Vector Linux 6.0   Laptop
2 GB RAM/1.9 GHz AMD Athlon X2 64/120GB HD dual booting w/ Win Vista
Vector Linux 5.9 Lite Desktop
64 MB RAM/ 754.36 MHz AMD Duron /30GB HD, (1/2 of which I'm sharing with Win XP)

kc1di

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 07:22:16 am »

Welcome aboard.
Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608

tomh38

• Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 10:25:38 am »

Welcome to VL, thunderheights!

Tom
"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991

overthere

• Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 03:22:54 pm »

hi thunderheights..vl-light is very impressive  and on 64megs ram is even more impressive..hope you enjoy this little distro as much as I...cheers
Everything Is Relative