VectorLinux
October 25, 2014, 05:05:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 080605 libtool-2.2.4 [VL59]  (Read 1820 times)
exeterdad
Vectorian

« on: June 05, 2008, 07:49:27 am »

budulay has packaged libtool-2.2.4 for VL59

Package: libtool-2.2.4-i586-1vl59.tlz
Sources: http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/veclinux-5.9/source/testing/dev/libtool
libtool: libtool (library support script)
libtool:
libtool: This is GNU Libtool, a generic library support script.
libtool: ibtool hides the complexity of using shared libraries
libtool: behind a consistent, portable interface.
libtool:
libtool:
libtool:
libtool: License: GNU GPL
libtool: Authors: Gordon Matzigkeit, Thomas Tanner and others.
libtool: Website: http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/

After testing this package, please take a moment and come back to this thread to let us know how it works for you.
toothandnail
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 08:06:28 am »

Sorry this is so late - missed the upgrade.

I've hit problems with this build. When attempting to rebuild the latest Gtkam, I get the following error:

Code:
libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/lib/libltdl.la' or unhandled argument `/usr/lib/libltdl.la'

Looking at the SlackBuild, I see that it has been set up to use '--prefix=/opt/gnome2' instead of the more normal '--prefix=/usr'. Is there some reason that it should be done this way? Especially since libtool itself is obviously looking in usr/lib for its support libraries?

paul.
uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 04:12:38 pm »

this package needs to be removed.
It should be rebuilt with the prefix /usr I am not sure why '--prefix=/opt/gnome2' was used
toothandnail
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 04:24:00 am »

this package needs to be removed.
It should be rebuilt with the prefix /usr I am not sure why '--prefix=/opt/gnome2' was used

I've tried building the most recent version, but there seems to be a trick to it - even built with prefix=/usr it still comes up with errors. So far I've no idea what it is looking for. I'll have another look shortly....

paul.
caitlyn
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 05:25:26 pm »

Package has been removed from testing.

eMachines EL-1300G desktop, 1.6GHz AMD Athlon 2650e CPU, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 6150 SE video
CentOS 6.5 (will try VL64-7.1 soon)

Toshiba Satellite A135-S4727,  Intel Pentium T2080 / 1.73 GHz, 2GB RAM, Intel GMA 950

HP Mini 110 netbook, 1.6GHz Intel Atom CPU, 2GB RAM, Intel 950 video, VL 7.1
wcs
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 03:17:44 am »

I just realised having this one installed was not allowing xsane to start (complained about missing libltdl).
But all fine with the other version in the repos at the moment.

Incidentally, it seems that xsane does not have a slack-required file stating libtool as a dependency, and lacks a .desktop file (no icon).
toothandnail
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 08:03:34 am »

I just realised having this one installed was not allowing xsane to start (complained about missing libltdl).
But all fine with the other version in the repos at the moment.

Incidentally, it seems that xsane does not have a slack-required file stating libtool as a dependency, and lacks a .desktop file (no icon).

I hit a few odd problems with it (and haven't managed to build the most recent version in a usable form either). It is something of a problem - even though the package has been withdrawn, I wonder how many other people have it installed? It would be useful if there was some way of tracking packages that have been pulled for some reason so that anyone with them installed would know to revert.

paul.
caitlyn
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 09:21:32 am »

I'm certainly open to suggestions.  I will point out that these are testing packages and breakage should be assumed. They really should never be used on production systems.  The only thing I can think of is to do what I did -- to post on the package announcement thread that a package has been replaced or withdrawn.

We had a problem for a while where everything sat in testing for months and months and tested packages never got moved to the proper repo.  That made using testing pretty well mandatory.  That problem is solved now.  It's really the main reason I volunteered to help with the repos.  It really was unacceptable.  Now at least testing can really mean testing again.

eMachines EL-1300G desktop, 1.6GHz AMD Athlon 2650e CPU, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 6150 SE video

Toshiba Satellite A135-S4727,  Intel Pentium T2080 / 1.73 GHz, 2GB RAM, Intel GMA 950

wcs
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 04:45:19 pm »

Is there any way of slapt-get giving you a list of the packages that you can reinstall?
That could tell us which ones are still in the repo.

But, yes, I agree the best way is use only testing for testing and check the package announcement thread.
caitlyn
Vectorian

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 05:02:10 pm »

Both gslapt and slapt-get can and will list all the versions currently in the repo.

Code:
slapt-get --list | grep <package name>

wcs
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 05:16:34 pm »

Both gslapt and slapt-get can and will list all the versions currently in the repo.

The problem is that --list or --search also output the packages currently installed, whether or not they are still in the repo.
So it doesn't help in finding out whether a packaged has been removed.
Unless I'm missing some other option.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: