VectorLinux
July 24, 2014, 05:55:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Batch Files?  (Read 1536 times)
Will
Vectorite

« on: June 05, 2008, 03:55:01 pm »

I'm sure there's a linux equivilent. However as I don't know what's what about CLI I don't know what it would be called. In short, I want to make a set of files that, if run at the command prompt would exicute everything at once isntead of me having to remember how to type it all in.

For clarification it would then, at the command prompt, be 'User: Run filename'and that would run the hypothetical command set?
ultrasonicsite
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 04:01:49 pm »

You want to make a bash script? so that when you type it, it does something for you?

I'd be happy to make one for you! =) What do you want it to do?
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 04:03:29 pm »

what you need then is called a bash script.

Will
Vectorite

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 04:12:42 pm »

Here's the thing. I'm installing linux on my ds (mostly to fiddle with, but possibly useful pending on how well behaved it is). I'd ask on dslinux's forums, but their whole site is down.

For now, just wanting a template to directly telnet into the MU*s I go to.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: