VectorLinux
November 23, 2014, 05:10:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A couple of clips  (Read 2298 times)
shahgols
Vectorite

« on: June 07, 2008, 10:45:21 am »

One of Linus and the other of Bill. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bclhry9F9Bc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qNVe024RvI
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 12:16:54 pm »

The first clip is almost tolerable if I pretend that Linus is Belle (the singer, not the Disney character).

So His Billness rocks in his chair, I don't see what's terribly funny about that
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 12:20:07 pm by Epic Fail Guy » Logged

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 03:15:24 pm »

Regarding the first clip, um ... yuck.

Regarding the second clip, like EFG I don't see what the big deal is about Bill Gates rocking back and forth in his chair.  I know several people who do that either when they're thinking hard or nervous.

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 05:43:10 pm »

Regarding the first clip, um ... yuck.

Linus' weight isn't distributed properly

This is how it's done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoLJilTn9d8

Regarding the second clip, like EFG I don't see what the big deal is about Bill Gates rocking back and forth in his chair.  I know several people who do that either when they're thinking hard or nervous.

Yeah I do that from time to time ... serves as a kind of 'clock chip' for my thoughts.

tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 05:08:01 am »

Epic Fail Guy:  Regarding that last clip you posted ... yeah, yeah, I can totally see that.  For the Linus Torvalds clip, I'm going to have to get a pencil, stick it in my ear, and dig the memory out; while I'm in there I might as well get goatse and tubgirl too.

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 05:22:36 am »

Asperger's, autism or whatever he's rumored to have.  Bill Gates only seems to be slightly on the spectrum if he is at all.  Big deal.  Many great minds, and famous thinkers are. Stimming is a coping mechanism,  especially in times of stress. I think anyone would be stressed while under fire in court.
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 02:45:56 pm »

Epic Fail Guy:  Regarding that last clip you posted ... yeah, yeah, I can totally see that.  For the Linus Torvalds clip, I'm going to have to get a pencil, stick it in my ear, and dig the memory out; while I'm in there I might as well get goatse and tubgirl too.

I wouldn't say it was that bad, tbh. He's just tubby. What he really needs is a studded gut guard.

Asperger's, autism or whatever he's rumored to have.  Bill Gates only seems to be slightly on the spectrum if he is at all.  Big deal.  Many great minds, and famous thinkers are. Stimming is a coping mechanism,  especially in times of stress. I think anyone would be stressed while under fire in court.

His Billness has AS. Which is a form of autism, or at least very nearly related with it.

I wonder how stressed he was during that trial. If I remember correctly, he thought the proceedings were a waste of time. So I would guess that he was stimming in order to concentrate in that clip.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 01:18:52 am by Epic Fail Guy » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: