VectorLinux
October 25, 2014, 04:06:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: no tbird icon on Lxde lxpanel on 5.9 light (solved)  (Read 1283 times)
roywhite

« on: June 06, 2008, 03:45:26 pm »

I recently installed vl5.9 light and I am using the LXDE desktop. Everything works fine except the launchbar icon for thunderbird disappeared the first time I rebooted. I've tried everything I can think of including pointing the icon string in the config file in /usr/share/applications to a different icon.
anybody have any suggestions?  btw, congrats to the 5.9 developer team, this version of VL is very fast, Thanks

I was on the right track when I pointed the icon string to a different icon. What worked for me was to change the icons=/usr/share/pixmaps/  string
to /usr/lib/thunderbird/icons/mozicon50.xpm      Worked for me, if you run across this problem you can access the destop config file by rt click on the name in /usr/share/applications

Roy
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 04:33:47 pm by roywhite » Logged

VL ADDICT-running 5.8
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 05:09:52 pm »

Glad you found the solution..In addition to thunderbird there is now also claws-mail..and I Just did the icon for that in a similar fashion on vl-light for the lxde panel..definately a nice distro..I have tinyme2008 and puppy dingo and find the vl-light beta a better out of the box experience although they all have little issues..I think that is unescapable in computeing
cheers

Everything Is Relative
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 07:23:31 pm »

Whoops! My fault.  I included a /usr/share/pixmaps/thunderbird.xpm
But the desktop file calls for a /usr/share/pixmaps/thunderbird.png

Completely wrong. But oddly, in Xfce (which is what I always use), it shows correctly.  So I never noticed. Thunderbird is overdue for another release, I'll wait to fix the problem until then.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: