VectorLinux
April 17, 2014, 01:34:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New Website!  (Read 14284 times)
Dweeberkitty
Vectorian

« on: June 09, 2008, 10:16:02 am »

Hello,

I have made a new website for Vector Linux Solutions. This is the new home of the Multimedia Bonus Disc and I am planning future products and will be looking for ideas and potential partners. I will also be posting polls and surveys in this new area of the forum so stay tuned if you want to get your opionions in. So anyway, check out the new website and let me know what you think. Enjoy!

www.vectorlinuxsolutions.com

Registered Linux User #443399
Desktop: Intel Pentium D 3.33Ghz, 320GB hard drive, 2 gigs DDR2 533mhz RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GS, X2GEN 22" widescreen monitor;
Laptop: Dell Mini 9, Intel Atom 1.6Ghz, 1GB ram
Multimedia Bonus Disc website: http://www.vectorlinuxsolutions.com/
budulay
Packager
Vectorian

NewComer

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 10:30:24 am »

Looks cool!
I like this website:D

The only not-so-good thing is that the http://www.vectorlinuxsolutions.com/linktonewpackage link does not work. but everything else is just fine:-)

VL6.0-Light@MSI MS-1652(AMD TurionX2 ZM-84 2300 MHZ, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Nvidia GForce 9600M GT, GIGABYTE AirCruiser N300)
Registered Linux user #473602
SlackBuild Repository for VL7.Not much but it's a start. Join in!
SuSE-Refugee
Ex-Officio
Vectorite

Dude In The Snappy Hat

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 11:18:13 am »

Get rid of the picture of that grinning jackass: It stinks "Corporate ********" all over the place.
And why build false pretenses with that "Impressing" upshot of some skyscraper?

This may look impressing to "Joe Schmoe" , but to me it looks like "Cheap, dime-a-dozen" airhead websites.

You make a website about MultiMedia; Then at least make it look like that's where the heart is.

Also: the design is not consistent with VL's own homepage.
Not good...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 03:51:31 pm by Dweeberkitty » Logged

<Lame sig>
Dweeberkitty
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 03:51:27 pm »

And why build false pretenses with that "Impressing" upshot of some skyscraper?

Multimedia Bonus Disc "The sky's the limit" I just didn't want to use that phrase; it's been so used and over used. So I put a picture of the skyscraper reaching into the sky.

You make a website about MultiMedia; Then at least make it look like that's where the heart is.

I guess you didn't see the part that we will be offering other products and services: Server Solutions, Gaming disc, Windows to Linux migration.

Get rid of the picture of that grinning jackass: It stinks "Corporate ********" all over the place.

Since this is going to be a real company built around VL, it is important that it look like a real company that knows how to be professional.  Especially for the server products this will be important because most companies will not want to have their servers run by something that looks like it was done by some 13yrd who has too much time on his hands. We will be providing professional support for the products and I wanted to make it obvious that this is a serious endeavor to provide good products and ideas to VL. Come on, everything's open source, you can download the MMBD for free....what more do ya want?

Also: the design is not consistent with VL's own homepage.

It is not supposed to be consistent with VL's page. I do not want it to be the same as VL's page because I want it apparent that VL Solutions is separate from VL, and yet it is integrated with it, backing it, supporting it....make sense?

This may look impressing to "Joe Schmoe" , but to me it looks like "Cheap, dime-a-dozen" airhead websites.

You can not like my website if you want; I can't stop you. Wink I hope you have a good day.

P.S. Please do not use any vulgar language, especially on this forum section. I want to keep the threads clean. Thanks!

Desktop: Intel Pentium D 3.33Ghz, 320GB hard drive, 2 gigs DDR2 533mhz RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GS, X2GEN 22" widescreen monitor;
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 04:26:39 pm »

You honestly did ask a opinion.
So anyway, check out the new website and let me know what you think.

And I'm sorry, though SuSE might shoot from the hip a little, I see what he is saying.
Dweeberkitty
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 04:33:06 pm »

You honestly did ask a opinion.
So anyway, check out the new website and let me know what you think.

And I'm sorry, though SuSE might shoot from the hip a little, I see what he is saying.

Of course I asked for opinions, and SuSE-Refugee pointed out some important things. Just trying to explain my reasoning behind why I did the website that way.

M-ake

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 05:35:45 am »

U know Suse-refugee, on some art sites ppl get warned/banned for using your kind of "critique".

I think the website is nice and clean.

Jumalauta!!
--
Fish go m00!
kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 05:54:39 am »

I Personally like it also.  Wink

Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 06:55:13 am »

I like the website. 

Could you put in some spinning gif animations?  How about a black background, large bold fonts with colors alternating by paragraph between green , pink, orange, etc.  I'd also like to see some of those flashing banner ads, or maybe those ones where you punch the monkey.  You might want to ad some links to "friends" websites, maybe some about Bigfoot, Orgone energy, and the Lizard People.  Those are cool.

Seriously though, I like it.  It's very professional-looking to me, nice and clean, easy on the eyes while interesting at the same time.

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 06:58:55 am »

Look professional to me lol...haha
SuSE-Refugee
Ex-Officio
Vectorite

Dude In The Snappy Hat

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 08:32:53 am »

U know Suse-refugee, on some art sites ppl get warned/banned for using your kind of "critique".

I think the website is nice and clean.

I'm quite aware of that.
As well as you might be aware of the little-known fact, I was the guy wielding the Banhammer in this very place for a little more than two years. And writing "U"instead of "You" more than once made me a tad itchy.
No need to tell me how a messageboard is moderated.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 08:36:09 am by SuSE-Refugee » Logged

<Lame sig>
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 08:47:50 am »

... the Banhammer!

Oh man that sounds cool.  Do you have a picture of it?  I really gotta get me one of those.

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
SuSE-Refugee
Ex-Officio
Vectorite

Dude In The Snappy Hat

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 10:14:24 am »

... the Banhammer!

Oh man that sounds cool.  Do you have a picture of it?  I really gotta get me one of those.
I thought you were around during the "Galen-Incident"?..

<Lame sig>
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 11:27:50 am »

SuSE-Refugee:  The "Galen-Incident"?  No, that must have been before my time (or maybe I just really wasn't paying attention).

Tom

Dweeberkitty
Vectorian

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 04:04:22 pm »

I like the website. 

Could you put in some spinning gif animations?  How about a black background, large bold fonts with colors alternating by paragraph between green , pink, orange, etc.  I'd also like to see some of those flashing banner ads, or maybe those ones where you punch the monkey.  You might want to ad some links to "friends" websites, maybe some about Bigfoot, Orgone energy, and the Lizard People.  Those are cool.

LOL, yeah, the monkey.... About flash and animation stuff, I am working on learning Flash Professional and will probably animate the big banner on the first page...fade between products or something. Not something annoying like the flashing banners....ick.

Maybe some ideas on what would look the best for a flash animated graphic on the front page? Something clean and professional and non-intrusive.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: