VectorLinux
October 30, 2014, 08:14:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: VectorLinux-5.9-SOHO-DELUXE has been released!  (Read 33391 times)
vector
Administrator
Vectorite

« on: June 13, 2008, 12:52:00 am »

We have released SOHO-5.9-DELUXE!  It has  been a year since our last SOHO release and from all reports this is our best yet. Starting from the ground up with our 5.9 standard release we have taken VectorLinux to a new high. This is absolutely the fastest KDE 3.5.9 desktop you will find anywhere with a optional fluxbox desktop for power users. The eye candy  is amazing  with four special themes to select from at installation time to a launch bar you have to try to believe. We have fixed most all the oddities and bugs found in the standard release and have made many improvements with our in house utilities. Everything is security updated and patched so no need to worry about homeland security. The amount of software available on this two disc set will simply amaze. We have games galore, more office like koffice and inkscape, server tools like apache. mysql and php. Plus the classics like emacs and all the rest. Guess what to make this even more exciting we reduced the price (we want you all to be happy!)
please go  to our new website for all the details and purchase information: click here for more
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 01:02:17 am by vector » Logged
shahgols
Vectorite

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 11:37:22 am »

Thanks much to all!  Can't wait to try this wonderful release.

Question...will this news be posted on distrowatch.com?

carlo

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 01:48:06 pm »

Yeah!!!congratulations!! (^0^)/

I was really looking forward to this and I already purchased mine ^^

I can't wait and would like to install it during the weekend so I was wondering is there a way I can get a donwload link for at least the frist CD??

todds

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 10:56:23 am »

this is good news,are you going to add the download option back for users after we have paid so we can burn our own iso...

I would rather this as an option so i can get going straight away?

regards

todders

VL 6.0 RC3 on Athlon AMD Athlon™ 2650e Emachines D620
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 06:05:20 pm »

...are you going to add the download option back for users after we have paid so we can burn our own iso...
That is in the works. I mentioned in another part of the forum that some things are in need of catching up to the release, and downloads are one of them. However, I suspect that will be available soon, so if you haven't been contacted as of yet, you should be as soon as the servers are populated, and ready (AFAIKO) .

Thanks for patiently understanding Smiley
vector
Administrator
Vectorite

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 09:04:59 pm »

Question...will this news be posted on distrowatch.com?
We are on Distrowatch.com now seems the owner feels as though he should get a day off now and again can't say I blame him................. Grin

vec
todds

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 09:49:10 pm »

...are you going to add the download option back for users after we have paid so we can burn our own iso...
That is in the works. I mentioned in another part of the forum that some things are in need of catching up to the release, and downloads are one of them. However, I suspect that will be available soon, so if you haven't been contacted as of yet, you should be as soon as the servers are populated, and ready (AFAIKO) .

Hello and thanks for the reply,so are you saying that the people that have purchased the soho deluxe set will be informed by email where to download it as well as an alternative method..

regards
toddders

VL 6.0 RC3 on Athlon AMD Athlon™ 2650e Emachines D620
jimtib

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 10:39:27 am »

Iwould like to purchase 5.9 SOHO. I would not wish to download iso because I was a victim of identy theft and paypal was the source. I filled out the order form to send check but it is for standard deluxe. How do I order SOHO?
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 02:32:11 pm »

Hello and thanks for the reply,so are you saying that the people that have purchased the soho deluxe set will be informed by email where to download it as well as an alternative method..

regards
toddders

Those that have purchased the download version, should receive a link. Those that ordered a Mail In physical copy, should have received an emailed copy of the receipt. That is all I know on that end.
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 02:35:57 pm »

Iwould like to purchase 5.9 SOHO. I would not wish to download iso because I was a victim of identy theft and paypal was the source. I filled out the order form to send check but it is for standard deluxe. How do I order SOHO?
You may order the SOHO from here:
http://vector2.ecosq.com/cd-store
Just choose your payment type and follow from there.
Carlton

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 04:44:55 pm »

Hello,
Is it possible to update SOHO 5.9 preview to the deluxe edition through updates?

Is SOHO the only release with  KDE ?

Thank you,
Carlton
LLL
Global Moderator
Vectorite

The sun is shining...

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 07:46:40 pm »

I ordered my SOHO this morning. Very happy to support the efforts behind this wonderful distro. Thanks to all who make it possible - can't wait to get my own SOHO!

----

I believe PREVIEW was uninstallable. SOHO features KDE, but you can add KDE to Standard (XFCE-based) by installing via Gslapt. I'm fairly certain the SOHO KDE is more "tweaked to perfection" in comparison to adding via Gslapt (but I may be wrong).

Cheers,

LLL

Lost & Lovin' Linux...living on:
VectorLinux 6.0 with XFCE on Thinkpad T43p (2.13 GHz | 2GB | 60GB)
Dweeberkitty
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 07:55:55 pm »

I'm fairly certain the SOHO KDE is more "tweaked to perfection" in comparison to adding via Gslapt (but I may be wrong).

Yes, the SOHO is a near perfected KDE desktop. I have tried just adding kde via Gslapt and it makes an ugly mess that is not very stable, does not work well, and is not pretty. SOHO is better than STD in my opinion because it uses the well tested STD base and fixes known bugs and as you said, tweaks it to perfection. This is really the best KDE desktop in existence I think. You will not find a faster, more user friendly, perfect desktop than 5.9 SOHO Deluxe. Congratulations to all of the developers!

Registered Linux User #443399
Desktop: Intel Pentium D 3.33Ghz, 320GB hard drive, 2 gigs DDR2 533mhz RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GS, X2GEN 22" widescreen monitor;
Laptop: Dell Mini 9, Intel Atom 1.6Ghz, 1GB ram
Multimedia Bonus Disc website: http://www.vectorlinuxsolutions.com/
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 08:06:56 pm »

Hello,
Is it possible to update SOHO 5.9 preview to the deluxe edition through updates?

Is SOHO the only release with  KDE ?

Thank you,
Carlton

No it's not possible to update the preview through updates. Just doesn't work that way.

Yes, SOHO is the only release WITH KDE,....

but it's not the only release that KDE can be installed into. By that I mean it comes with a Very Nice KDE installed, but say if you have Standard, you can install KDE into that, but it's not quite the same as the KDE in the SOHO.
antman

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 05:59:41 am »

Hello,

What kernel is this release using?  Huh I do not see it listed on the product info page.

Thanks,

AntMan

VL SOHO 5.9 and Zenwalk 5.2
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: