You can find all kinds of packages here:
Installing the apps you want, as following:
- Openup a terminal (Konsole, Xterm, ...)
- In the terminal you have to become root by typing: su
- Then you only need to move to where you downloaded the packages: cd /home/yourname
- If you want to list everything in there: ls
- You see the package you want to install: installpkg mypackage.tgz
Some other useful command: upgradepkg -i mypackage.tgz, removepkg mypackage.tgz
- Test your installed app by entering the name in the cli afterwards. If any dependencies aren't met, the terminal will tell you so.
The simples way for installing things: use 'Gslapt'.
Kind regards & welcome!
The vectorlinux community