VectorLinux
December 20, 2014, 11:47:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wish to dual boot WinXP with vectorlinux  (Read 1126 times)
silverbirch

« on: June 18, 2008, 05:05:26 am »

I have an AMD Athlon 2000 desktop currently dual booting WinXP and Pclos.  I want to install vectorlinux instead of Pclos but am a little nervous that vectorlinux might not recognise the WinXP installation.  I assume, and hope it will, and that I install bootloader to the default?  Can't actually remember what that is now - MBR?

Thanks
kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 05:12:52 am »

Should be no problem Lilo (the boot loader does a good job of picking up XP) It's easy to reverse if something goes wrong if you run into trouble post a message here.
Good luck ,
Dave
P.S. It's always a good idea to back up important files before you proceed however  Smiley

Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608
silverbirch

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 05:18:46 am »

Thanks - I don't use WinXP much - Family Tree mainly, and that is backed up on CD, and to run a website which was created in Win so thought best to make changes in Win.  Hope to do the install tomorrow.  Will certainly post if problems.  Thanks for your prompt reply.
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 05:21:24 pm »

Best of luck silverbirch.  It's unlikely you'll have any problems.  But we are here for ya if you do Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: