VectorLinux
October 31, 2014, 01:05:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: here's something to chew on  (Read 9598 times)
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2008, 05:23:29 pm »

on paper—the better way to read almost anything.

Paper Rules.

Well..looks like my ISP is closeing the doors after all these years..will look for you if I can get another service..THANKS for everything..later
cheers

Everything Is Relative
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2008, 05:41:50 pm »

Yikes overthere!
Sorry to hear that.  Hope you can come back soon Smiley
MikeCindi
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2008, 05:49:16 pm »

Now that's something to chew on! I hope there is another solution for you soon.

The plans of the diligent lead to profit...Pro. 21:5
VL64 7.1b3                                     RLU 486143
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2008, 06:16:45 pm »

Thanks..ya sucks..I've had this account ten years..it worked with all my modems and linux..hope the alternatives are as friendly..will soon know..guess just as well I donated all the antiques..one is easier to deal with or replace...
cheers

Everything Is Relative
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2008, 06:46:32 pm »

Consider satellite Internet if you live in an area that doesn't have a lot of infrastructure.

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2008, 02:39:14 pm »

Consider satellite Internet if you live in an area that doesn't have a lot of infrastructure.

Well I made inquirery today and discovered that satelite is available via contract..$1000 for equipment lease plus 100 per month plus 20 for dialup to cover sat down time via 12 month contract and download speeds are throtted...

unlimited dialup package for 30 with a two week wait..but billing starts immidiately so I pay for two weeks wait. sat install is longer.. both have zero tech support for linux and assume it may work..but full tech support for windows.  If I choose dial up, I can add the windows accelorator software for just 5 dollars per month..

high speed is near and $35 per month so think I should continue the dialup service until it arrives. the benifits do not outway the cast for satelite. Down time should be minimal unless linux is an issue which is my problem.

my old service was 10 bucks unlimited and just worked.

Everything Is Relative
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2008, 03:09:37 pm »

There are several free dialups all over the place.  Not talking Juno or that other famous crap.  Most of them are for certain areas.  Maybe you can get lucky?  Google for free dial up or dialup.  A slug of things come up.  I'd dig further but don't know your location.
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2008, 04:00:54 pm »

Thanks...I will do some googles..and look for additional options..those are the two more popular local fair..I tend to look for cheapest..being a skinflint..what ever that means..guess this is way off topic..oh well...sorry epic

Everything Is Relative
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2008, 04:48:34 pm »

oh well...sorry epic
Meh...  He'll get over it.  According to his other thread he's "self absorbed", so it won't hurt him to give a little Wink
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2008, 05:09:08 pm »

overthere

High-speed Internet rules. It's worth the extra $25 / month.

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2008, 05:09:53 pm »

Smiley it is the same price as dialup if I wait a little bit. I refuse to shell 1000 to borrow a dish so I can pay 100 bucks a month for utube and better downloads...skinflint..someone who hates spending money or giving it away..although I wait with bated breath
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 05:15:30 pm by overthere » Logged

Everything Is Relative
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: