VectorLinux
December 17, 2014, 10:53:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Raid, the revenge  (Read 1658 times)
Xeon
Vectorite

« on: June 24, 2008, 07:26:52 am »

Hi.

I am currently trying to get VL64 in position.
My new pc uses 2 discs in a raid array (intel mobo controller). (SATA discs). The full thing is currently occupied by vista so my roadmap was: claim some space for linux partitions, then set them up.

Usually I do this with with sysresccd but the old version didn't want to boot and the new one doesn't want to run gparted (as I am in console) anyone ideas on how to run a partition utility that actually works? That would solve everything.

so i booted the vector 64 bit cd. Now, I wanted resize to work but it says no ext2 or fat partitions found (i guess, its ntfs), and fdisk is even more weird: it wants me to choose /dev/hda or /dev/hdb (while they are one volume).

How can I boot the cd with raid working? I guess when trying to install it will also get confused.
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 07:35:12 am »

I have seen this behavior with on-board RAID that is not a true hardware controller, but rather software driven IDE/SATA controllers.

Have you been able to see and manipulate this array before when using Linux?
Xeon
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 07:51:34 am »

No, i have just got the pc today :s
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: