VectorLinux
September 21, 2014, 09:52:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to Vector but...  (Read 2085 times)
antman

« on: June 25, 2008, 10:54:04 am »

Hello all,

I'm new to VL but old in the linux world. I got started with Xandros 2.0 and Lindows (now Linspire), and proceeded to try other distros as I got deeper and deeper into the unix/linux realm.
I currently have two Slackware based distros(VL & Zenwalk) in my arsenal and one debian based distro loaded on my son's laptop (U*untu). Since I have used Zenwalk as my main system and simply love it, I thought it was time to branch out to other Slackware based distros... so Vector Linux here I am.  Wink
I jumped in with the SOHO Deluxe version and will be putting it through its paces. I must say that the MACOS Theme is very nice.

Regards,

AntMan

VL SOHO 5.9 and Zenwalk 5.2
toothandnail
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 11:10:02 am »

Welcome.

Grin Funny, I've been a long term Zenwalk user, started looking seriously at Vector a few months ago. I also just encountered someone else who is using both Vector and Zenwalk (though I think he started with Vector, then tried Zenwalk).

For two distributions that come from a common base and share similar design goals, its amazing just how different Vector and Zenwalk are. Its almost annoying. There are things I prefer about Zenwalk, and also areas where Vector suits me better.

When I finally finish building my shiny new Core2Duo machine, I guess I'll have to install the 64-bit version of Vector - currently Zenwalk has no 64-bit variant.

Hope you enjoy SOHO.

paul.
kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 11:28:49 am »

Welcome to Vector I think you'll enjoy SOHO it's a very good Distro.
Enjoy the stay hope it's a long one.
Dave

Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608
prenv

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 10:47:07 am »

hi just moved recently to vector
from sabayon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: