VectorLinux
September 22, 2014, 08:05:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: forum problems  (Read 1127 times)
toothandnail
Tester
Vectorian

« on: June 29, 2008, 12:43:57 pm »

Since the latest changes, I'm having frequent problems logging on. I have my user name and password saved (my browser of choice is Seamonkey), About two out of three times, I get an incorrect password error from the site, but can then log in using exactly the same password as the one that is saved by Seamonkey.

In the latest instance, I entered my password by hand, got the password error, entered it again and got in. I'm pretty sure I didn't make any typos either time.

I've also had several instances where I've got a box saying 'an error has occurred, you will have to wait approximately 1 second to try again'. Most of the time, this doesn't seem to be related to the password errors, but almost seems as if the site is responding too slowly.

Is anyone else having problems with accessing the forum?

paul.
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 01:14:53 pm »

i noticed this but i dont log out. Just close the browser

toothandnail
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 01:59:10 pm »

i noticed this but i dont log out. Just close the browser

Grin I guess until it gets sorted that might be the best option. Its quite weird - I wiped out the stored username and password, then reentered them. Still get exactly the same problem every time I log in...

For the moment, I'll just leave myself logged in. Be interesting to see how long I can stay logged in.

paul.
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 06:32:50 pm »

Since the latest changes, I'm having frequent problems logging on. I have my user name and password saved (my browser of choice is Seamonkey), About two out of three times, I get an incorrect password error from the site, but can then log in using exactly the same password as the one that is saved by Seamonkey.

I've had that behavior for ages with both Opera and SeaMonkey. I figured it was just some bug and live with it. I haven't had the box with the error message.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: