VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: [solved] vl 5.9 Login screen goes weird and reboots monitor repeatedly  (Read 1833 times)

AdriansonCrusoe

Installation on a HP Brio PII 128MB RAM was uneventful, computer was rebooted, I got the boot linux/linux tui/linux gui screen, selected linux, got the login screen, and before I can hardly enter a character a yellow line appears, which I can't read because immediately the screen turns half purple, half black, a clock appears, the monitor is switched on and off, and I have to turn off the PC.

I checked MD5 before burning the iso and let the installation CD check the files before installing.

Could it be a color depth issue? I selected 24bit, maybe it should have been 16bit?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 12:31:50 pm by AdriansonCrusoe »

bigpaws

• Vectorian
Re: vl 5.9 Login screen goes weird and reboots monitor repeatedly
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 07:18:56 am »

It is more than likely the depth. Try 16 bit.

Bigpaws

AdriansonCrusoe

I reinstalled VL and this time instead of manually setting color depth and resolution I chose de default VESA configuration. Everything is OK now, except VL didn't found a "isa pnp" driver for the sound system. Oh well.  ::)