VectorLinux
October 24, 2014, 09:12:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello world!  (Read 1479 times)
MultiFinder

« on: July 03, 2008, 06:43:16 pm »

Hullo all. I honestly just found out about Vector about two days ago now. I received an old Dell Latitude lappy (PII/366 w/128 megs RAM) and was looking for a nice little distro to pop on it when I stumbled across Vector. I decided to give it a try. I can honestly say that this is the first time a Linux distro has blown me away. It was easy to set up, it actually set everything up, and when the install was done, the lappy was ready to use! This is the first Linux distro that's been this kind to me! I'd resigned myself to going in and poking around and editing all sorts of config files like I'm used to doing on new Linux installs, but I found that there was nothing that needed any attention! Screen res is right, trackpad works fine, stick a CD in and it plays, everything just friggin' works! Vector even has better support for the hardware on this machine than the install of Winders that came with it  Grin

Anywho, just wanted to drop by and say hi, and thanks to all that help put this together! It's truly an amazing experience to be able to install a Linux distro and have it just work! Thanks!
kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 02:08:30 am »

Welcome to the world of Vector Enjoy the experience.
 Smiley

Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608
budulay
Packager
Vectorian

NewComer

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 07:40:22 am »

Hi.
Welcome to Vector.
Seems like we have identical mashines:Smiley
Hope you'll enjoy it.

VL6.0-Light@MSI MS-1652(AMD TurionX2 ZM-84 2300 MHZ, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Nvidia GForce 9600M GT, GIGABYTE AirCruiser N300)
Registered Linux user #473602
SlackBuild Repository for VL7.Not much but it's a start. Join in!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: