VectorLinux
August 30, 2014, 02:16:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: aMule??  (Read 2039 times)
AmericanBob

« on: July 05, 2008, 03:44:58 am »

Hello all,
I noticed aMule isn't on any of the repos.
So I thought: no worries. I'll just compile from source...

Except - libcrypto++ is ALSO not on the repos.
I mean, I suppose I could carry on and compile libcrypto++, and so on and so on.

But, seriously. libcrypto++ is one of the most basic packages on most distros - as is aMule. Am I just missing them somewhere?

Ta,
AmeriBob
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 10:45:38 am »

I haven't compiled this application since 5.8. When the application was updated it no longer worked on my 5.8 install, simply for the reason you mentioned.

But, seriously. libcrypto++ is one of the most basic packages on most distros - as is aMule.
Um we aren't really like most distros  Smiley

I will try to grab some time to make aMule package to put into the repo, but I do not have much time to keep that package updated, and it would be better for another packager if they have such time. I'll happily start a package for testing, if someone else would like to take over from there.

meantime keep an eye on the testing section of the repo.
AmericanBob

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 12:05:25 pm »

That's brilliant, but libcrypto++ is probably a more serious concern...
I mean, I can package up aMule - even the CVS version - when the crypto lib is in the repos for the group (though coming from Ubuntuland it may take me a bit longer to figure HOW to get it to someone to put in the repos.  Wink )

I just thought I might have gone mad there, not finding EITHER of them anywhere!

Seriously - shall I try to find the source for libcrypto++ and package it for you?

[edit] Blimey! Just looked, and SLACKWARE doesn't even have the package for libcrypto++ or aMule... That's just bonkers! Is it seriously true than anyone wanting to use aMule on Slack (a bloody big distro...) has to compile a LIBRARY and aMule from first principles? Seems a bit extreme to me...

AmeriBob
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 12:12:51 pm by AmericanBob » Logged
MarkGrieveson
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 08:09:21 am »

Using vpackager, I was able to create an aMule package (aMule-2.2.6-i586-1vl70.txz).  The most recent aMule is 2.3.1 rather than 2.2.6, which is the previous release.  However, for 2.3.1, it required wxWidgets 2.8.12, but VL-70, which I'm using, only has 2.8.11, so I had to go for the previous version of aMule.

To create the package with vpackager for VL-7.0 stable, install the following from Gslapt:

cryptopp 5.6.0-i586-1vl70 (satisfies requirement for libcrypto++)
wxWidgets 2.8.11-i586-3vl70
wxGTK 2.8.11-i586-3vl70

Then download aMule-2.2.6.tar.bz2, and run vpackager on the file.  It will create aMule-2.2.6-i586-1vl70.txz in the tmp directory (specifically /tmp/vpackager/aMule/2.2.6).  Install this by right-clicking on it in the file-manager (Thunar).
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 08:14:37 am by MarkGrieveson » Logged

I am using VL7.0 standard with XFCE
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: