VectorLinux
October 25, 2014, 05:16:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Howto: Fix missing Thunderbird icon on VL59 Light B5  (Read 3224 times)
roywhite

« on: July 07, 2008, 06:49:09 pm »

How to fix the thunderbird no icon problem in LXDE Desktop and panel icons.

When I installed Thunderbird on VL light B5 using gslapt there was no icon on the .desktop file. I installed , reinstalled thunderbird. Even a new distro  install. The problem is the lxde  icon located in  /usr/share/pixmaps does not match the one called for in the .desktop config  file. The program icons are actually determined from .desktop files located in /usr/share/applications. To correct the missing icon, in /usr/share/applications right click on the space where the icon should be. Open the file in a text editor then modify the icon= string to show the same icon that is in /usr/share/pixmaps. The icon should then appear in the menu and anywhere there is a . desktop file. I have not encountered any other missing icons, but this would be the first thing I'd check if I did.
PPS: you must be root to do this
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 09:03:48 pm by roywhite » Logged

VL ADDICT-running 5.8
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: