Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Howto: Fix missing Thunderbird icon on VL59 Light B5  (Read 3531 times)

Howto: Fix missing Thunderbird icon on VL59 Light B5
« on: July 07, 2008, 07:49:09 pm »

How to fix the thunderbird no icon problem in LXDE Desktop and panel icons.

When I installed Thunderbird on VL light B5 using gslapt there was no icon on the .desktop file. I installed , reinstalled thunderbird. Even a new distro  install. The problem is the lxde  icon located in  /usr/share/pixmaps does not match the one called for in the .desktop config  file. The program icons are actually determined from .desktop files located in /usr/share/applications. To correct the missing icon, in /usr/share/applications right click on the space where the icon should be. Open the file in a text editor then modify the icon= string to show the same icon that is in /usr/share/pixmaps. The icon should then appear in the menu and anywhere there is a . desktop file. I have not encountered any other missing icons, but this would be the first thing I'd check if I did.
PPS: you must be root to do this
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 10:03:48 pm by roywhite »
VL ADDICT-running 5.8