VectorLinux
October 31, 2014, 03:09:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VL5.9 RC2: Wget is reacting to Conky at bootup.  (Read 4715 times)
idflux

« on: July 08, 2008, 07:16:36 pm »

Hello,

On bootup wget has large rectangular footprint which turns black when it overlaps conky. It either stays this way or wget overlays it, making a few letters of conky's display invisible.

Right clicking on wget refreshes it: wget reverts back to its smaller size, which doesn't overlap conky's output.

I don't know if this is a bug, but it sure is ugly.
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 05:06:52 am »

Do you mean wbar? Wbar needs a stabilized desktop when it loads, or you get problems with the background. If that is the issue, introducing a longer delay before wbar loads may help.
uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 01:03:54 pm »

can you post a screenshot?
idflux

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 02:18:59 am »

http://upload.snelhest.org/images/080710image1.gif

After a right click on wget:

http://upload.snelhest.org/images/080710image2.gif
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 04:53:07 am »

That's not wget... but rather wbar

I think it's a bug in the way wbar handles transparency
what you need to do is first load conky and let it get it's transparency, and then load wbar

exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 08:23:31 am »

To my knowledge, wbar doesn't use true transparency.  I think it uses a background image of the area of the desktop it will reside on. So if wbar overlaps something that is "changing" like conky, the changes won't be seen.
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 09:14:04 am »

Well, it fooled me Wink
Looks transparent

That would explain why if you fire it up and there is an open window on the top of the screen, you can close the window, but wbar will still display a portion of it

exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 11:50:13 am »

Well, it fooled me Wink
Looks transparent

That would explain why if you fire it up and there is an open window on the top of the screen, you can close the window, but wbar will still display a portion of it

Yep! I've seen that often.  If you are running compiz, and have the snow flying...  Then fire up wbar, it will "freeze" the snow around it forever while the rest of the snow keeps falling.
idflux

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 05:48:23 pm »

OK thanks for the replies...I don't know where wget came from.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: