VectorLinux
August 21, 2014, 03:41:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenLieroX keeps crashing  (Read 2150 times)
idflux

« on: July 10, 2008, 03:20:37 am »

Hello,

I'm running VL5.9 Lite RC2...

I downloaded OpenLieroX yesterday, and 90% of the time it crashes right after it loads the images.

The other 10% of the time If I click on the theme changer it crashes.

Otherwise I can play the game till I'm tired.
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 03:34:48 am »

Have you tried starting from the command line to see if any error messages are shown?  I'm the one who packaged it.  I've never experienced anything like that. Or not yet Smiley
idflux

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 04:39:39 am »

From the comand line:

SystemError:  Failed to initialize DLS system!
ErrorMsg: No available video device
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 06:36:21 am »

Sounds video related.
Did you enable OpenGL rendering?  Maybe your card can't handle it, or 3D isn't enabled?
Have you set it to fullscreen?  Or adjusted the depth? Often with fullscreen games if it tries loading a depth or screen res that your card doesn't support or isn't configured for, it will crash.
Deleting the .OpenLieroX folder in your home dir will wipe out any configurations you may have made.  It will start in a smaller window.  You can then choose custom settings one by one, closing and restarting OpenLieroX each time until you find the setting that gives you the trouble. Then hopefully that will help narrow it down so you can fix, or avoid it.

HTH
Lee
idflux

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 07:18:06 pm »

Thank you,

Deleting the .config did work...Selecting a theme other than default seems to be the problem.
Not a big deal though, I was browsing packages, looking for more  Coin-Ups like xgalaga-hyperspace
and I sawOpenLieroX and decided to check it out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: