VectorLinux
July 31, 2014, 05:23:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittorrent Clients  (Read 1754 times)
ozgeek

« on: July 10, 2008, 12:08:46 pm »

I have been unable to find any Bittorrent clients in the 5.9 version Deluxe. I've tried slapt-get with no success. Can anyone please suggest a client that will fit in ?
Thanks  Smiley
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 12:20:15 pm »

Try out transmission-1.21-i586-1vl59. I love it. Don't bother installing one of our earlier versions. They just worked poorly (not our fault). You need to enable your testing repo to find it.  You'll find about half of our repo is over there  Tongue
ozgeek

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 01:09:58 pm »

Try out transmission-1.21-i586-1vl59. I love it. Don't bother installing one of our earlier versions. They just worked poorly (not our fault). You need to enable your testing repo to find it.  You'll find about half of our repo is over there  Tongue

Many thanks,  I've successfully downloaded Transmission and will give it a go.  Grin
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 05:58:37 pm »

Opera web browser has a bit torrent client function in it.
There should be some more clients on the repository, make sure you have appropriate repository sections turned on, then update slapt-get.

I know azureus is in there somewhere too, I started out on a package of "plane" bit-torrent, not sure if anyone took over on that package and moved it up from the 5.8 to 5.9.

Anyways, opening some of the repository and update slapt-get should do it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: