VectorLinux
August 22, 2014, 05:22:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: note re tkremind  (Read 2421 times)
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« on: July 13, 2008, 11:15:46 am »

"remind" is in gslap.  However, when I tried to get tkremind (the GUI version) to run, I was told I needed tcllib.  I could not find tcllib in gslapt or in slapt-get so went to linux packages and found version for slackware 10.  Downloaded and installed that and tkremind works.  I have not used remind before but will now fool around with it a bit. You might consider putting tcllib in gslapt. 

John

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
kidd
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 01:50:22 pm »

I've just built tcllib, I'll upload it today, and next week I hope we'll have it in our repos.

Anyway, I haven't put tcllib as a remind dep, because remind can be executed alone, in a console, or make it interact with any script you may write

cheers

sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 10:34:15 pm »

"remind" as downloaded from gslapt seemed to work fine from the command line but when I tried tkremind I got the mime tcllib error and GUI "remind" would not load..

When I installed tcllib, GUI remind program loaded.   I am still getting to know it (GUI) and still not sure I have it properly installed.  However I get no error messages on startup.  I may report on this later.  I still mostly use foxpro 2.6 as my calendar/tickler but eventually want to graduate to something a bit more modern. Trouble with remind, orage and others I have tried is that I can't get them to tee off a unique client number.  In foxpro 2.6, the time, todo, client and project databases are all related to the unique number.  Perhaps when I get a better handle on mysql, I can update.  However, foxpro running in dosemu works pretty darn good.

john

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: