VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: note re tkremind  (Read 2643 times)

sledgehammer

• Vectorian
note re tkremind
« on: July 13, 2008, 12:15:46 pm »

"remind" is in gslap.  However, when I tried to get tkremind (the GUI version) to run, I was told I needed tcllib.  I could not find tcllib in gslapt or in slapt-get so went to linux packages and found version for slackware 10.  Downloaded and installed that and tkremind works.  I have not used remind before but will now fool around with it a bit. You might consider putting tcllib in gslapt. 

John
VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511

kidd

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: note re tkremind
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 02:50:22 pm »

I've just built tcllib, I'll upload it today, and next week I hope we'll have it in our repos.

Anyway, I haven't put tcllib as a remind dep, because remind can be executed alone, in a console, or make it interact with any script you may write

cheers

sledgehammer

• Vectorian
Re: note re tkremind
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 11:34:15 pm »

"remind" as downloaded from gslapt seemed to work fine from the command line but when I tried tkremind I got the mime tcllib error and GUI "remind" would not load..

When I installed tcllib, GUI remind program loaded.   I am still getting to know it (GUI) and still not sure I have it properly installed.  However I get no error messages on startup.  I may report on this later.  I still mostly use foxpro 2.6 as my calendar/tickler but eventually want to graduate to something a bit more modern. Trouble with remind, orage and others I have tried is that I can't get them to tee off a unique client number.  In foxpro 2.6, the time, todo, client and project databases are all related to the unique number.  Perhaps when I get a better handle on mysql, I can update.  However, foxpro running in dosemu works pretty darn good.

john
VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511