VectorLinux
September 16, 2014, 03:04:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No Login with Dillo  (Read 1634 times)
Pita
Vectorian

« on: July 14, 2008, 12:22:00 am »

As of late I can't login anymore into VL Forum using dillo browser. I just get a blank page.

What has changed and can it be corrected? I am so used to dillo.

Regards
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 06:19:42 am »

Hmmmm  Our forum software was updated to the latest version.  I found my bash script that I made to log in to the board and post new package announcements was failing. SMF has changed the way logins are handled. SMF's final login stage is a meta redirect. Meaning before the login is completed, a url is sent back to the browser in the http headers.  This url also has needed variables to validate the user.

In short, from a quick Googling, Dillo doesn't seem to follow meta refresh/redirects well.
Dillo users might have a problem here. Sad
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 06:42:21 am »

I figured out a workaround!

Make sure cookies are enabled for our forum.  Cookies in dillo disabled by default.

Edit /home/you/.dillo/cookiesrc to look like this:
DEFAULT DENY
supergamer.org ACCEPT_SESSION

Then open dillo and attempt to login as usual.
It should fail as before.
Click your mouse in the address field so the flashing cursor is there. Hit Enter.  It will act as a redirect and pass the final info to the server and log you in.

Enjoy Smiley
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 10:48:40 am »

Nice... Dillo is the fastest browser I know.. the only problem I have w/ it is that it is way too barebones.
my forum session expires every 5 minutes or so even if I check the "forever" login time.

other than that, it's kool

Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 07:20:11 pm »

I figured out a workaround!

Make sure cookies are enabled for our forum.  Cookies in dillo disabled by default.

Edit /home/you/.dillo/cookiesrc to look like this:
DEFAULT DENY
supergamer.org ACCEPT_SESSION

Then open dillo and attempt to login as usual.
It should fail as before.
Click your mouse in the address field so the flashing cursor is there. Hit Enter.  It will act as a redirect and pass the final info to the server and log you in.

Enjoy Smiley

Thanks! Worked great. Back in dillo, sigh.

My forum session has never expired. Yes dillo is just great and fast, reading papers, searching in amazon you name it. If java or frames are needed I go as far as possible in dillo, then copy URL over to firefox or opera and continue from there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: