VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Need help using links to access this forum  (Read 1187 times)

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Need help using links to access this forum
« on: July 18, 2008, 08:14:55 am »

I'm running VL Light on an old box. FF and Opera feel too heavy for this old banger, so I'm looking into super-light yet useable browsers. I managed to get graphics on links using it's graphical mode
Code: [Select]
links -g -driver xHere is the problem though. When I log into this forum, I can read my posts, and post (I'm posting from it right now), but it doesn't save my session. as soon as I leave the forum, it logs me out. Also, if I stay in, clicking on the "Show unread posts since last visit" link doesn't really update my "unread" posts. it just shows whatever was shown when I first came in. If anyone has had any experience using this, please lend me a hand ...

toothandnail

• Tester
  • Vectorian
Re: Need help using links to access this forum
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 11:53:33 am »

The logging out is, I suspect, down to how it handles (or doesn't) cookies. Not sure if there is anything that can be done about that one.

It is also a bit odd about updates. To get unread posts, try <ESC> F-R to force a reload, then select unread posts. That might work....

paul.

newt

• Vectorian
Re: Need help using links to access this forum
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 12:28:19 pm »

Here's a page listing 9+ linux browsers, most of which you know but perhaps there are some your are not aware of that may suit your needs.  Also, there are some additional browsers mentioned in the comments.

http://www.linuxhaxor.net/2008/07/02/9-web-browsers-for-linux/