VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: tar.bz2 to tgz  (Read 1365 times)

atonau

tar.bz2 to tgz
« on: July 16, 2008, 02:12:40 pm »

??? ??? I'm having troublezzz.. ??? ??? ???

I have install the VL Light edition RC2... then i tried to install a koffice-1.6.3  but i coudnt...  :-\ :-\

The first ime i ried ./configure and tge path of the unrared file... it said me "permission denied"... someone told me to try "installpkg nombre-del-paquete.tgz" but i haven't a tgz i have a tar.bz2... what must i do...

Anyone kan helpmi pleace...

Atonau

bigpaws

• Vectorian
Re: tar.bz2 to tgz
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 03:36:47 pm »

You will need to install KDE.

You can use ./configure and make as user. Then as root make install.

Bigpaws

newt

• Vectorian
Re: tar.bz2 to tgz
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 03:37:01 pm »

You could try using moe's vpackager to configure/make/install your koffice package.  What it sounds like you have is the source code for koffice in which case you'll need to unpack, configure, make, make install/checkinstall the package to get it installed.  M0e's created a nice packaging utility called 'vpackager' that can help to automate this process for you.

Alternatives:
-Perhaps koffice is already packaged in the VL repository somewhere, which would be the easiest solutuion.
-You could try using a koffice package from linuxpackages (slackware packages) for v12.

I don't really know, but it's possible you'll run into kde dependency issues trying to use koffice on VL-light???

Good luck!