VectorLinux
October 22, 2014, 06:01:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: tar.bz2 to tgz  (Read 1207 times)
atonau

« on: July 16, 2008, 01:12:40 pm »

Huh Huh I'm having troublezzz.. Huh Huh Huh

I have install the VL Light edition RC2... then i tried to install a koffice-1.6.3  but i coudnt...  Undecided Undecided

The first ime i ried ./configure and tge path of the unrared file... it said me "permission denied"... someone told me to try "installpkg nombre-del-paquete.tgz" but i haven't a tgz i have a tar.bz2... what must i do...

Anyone kan helpmi pleace...

Atonau
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 02:36:47 pm »

You will need to install KDE.

You can use ./configure and make as user. Then as root make install.

Bigpaws
newt
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 02:37:01 pm »

You could try using moe's vpackager to configure/make/install your koffice package.  What it sounds like you have is the source code for koffice in which case you'll need to unpack, configure, make, make install/checkinstall the package to get it installed.  M0e's created a nice packaging utility called 'vpackager' that can help to automate this process for you.

Alternatives:
-Perhaps koffice is already packaged in the VL repository somewhere, which would be the easiest solutuion.
-You could try using a koffice package from linuxpackages (slackware packages) for v12.

I don't really know, but it's possible you'll run into kde dependency issues trying to use koffice on VL-light???

Good luck!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: