VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: No network-devices file under /etc/udev/rules.d in 5.9 light?  (Read 1798 times)

chumley

Having been given an old Acer laptop (with as pcmcia network card). I thought I would revitalise it with my first installation of Vector.  I am therefore a total newbie wrt this distro.  I d/ld 5.9 Light yesterday and had no problems with set-up, except that I have the nic switching problem reported in the recent "Nics keep switching despite rules in /etc/udev/rules.d/network-devices" thread.  I read the fix at the foot of that thread, but I find that I don't have a network-devices file under /etc/udev/rules.d/.  Should I have one? Can I create one? If so, is there a template anywhere?

TIA

uelsk8s

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: No network-devices file under /etc/udev/rules.d in 5.9 light?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 02:40:15 pm »

If you run VLwifi I believe it will make a /etc/udev/rules.d/network-devices for you.

chumley

Re: No network-devices file under /etc/udev/rules.d in 5.9 light?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 11:43:52 pm »

If you run VLwifi I believe it will make a /etc/udev/rules.d/network-devices for you.

Many thanks for the prompt reply uelsk8s.  Yes that creates the file.  I am still playing around to nail a solution - the relationship between the vasm settings, ifplugd and the network-devices file is not absolutely clear to me, but I am here to learn and I seem to be making progress.  The last couple of boots have been ok.