VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Screen Brightness For Toughbook  (Read 17136 times)

gacl

• Vectorite
Re: Screen Brightness For Toughbook
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 08:34:03 am »

'dad, the command seems to not work:

Code: [Select]
vector:/~
user:$ dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.Hal" "/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_backlight" "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.LaptopPanel.GetBrightness"
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.Hal was not provided by any .service files
“Our very lives depend on the ethics of strangers, and most of us are always strangers to other people.” -- Bill Moyers

exeterdad

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: Screen Brightness For Toughbook
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 09:27:41 am »

I'm not surprised that it didn't work for you. But thanks for trying. I Googled all the keywords I could think of with your model of laptop.  This thread came up most of the time.  :-\

Even saw your laptop in a few linux charts.  Doesn't look good.

BUT...  you still have xbacklight you can use though.  In many ways I like it better.  You have a ton of ways to make your adjustments. You can adjust by 1% increments if you wish.  Which is cool, or even set it to do a fade to whatever brightness you wish, and the duration of it as well. Just figure out what keys you want to use and map them with your desktop/wm. Or as mentioned, xbindkeys.
Pages: 1 [2]