VectorLinux
July 25, 2014, 04:48:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Screen Brightness For Toughbook  (Read 11437 times)
gacl
Vectorite

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 07:34:03 am »

'dad, the command seems to not work:

Code:
vector:/~
user:$ dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.Hal" "/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_backlight" "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.LaptopPanel.GetBrightness"
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.Hal was not provided by any .service files

“Our very lives depend on the ethics of strangers, and most of us are always strangers to other people.” -- Bill Moyers
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 08:27:41 am »

I'm not surprised that it didn't work for you. But thanks for trying. I Googled all the keywords I could think of with your model of laptop.  This thread came up most of the time.  Undecided

Even saw your laptop in a few linux charts.  Doesn't look good.

BUT...  you still have xbacklight you can use though.  In many ways I like it better.  You have a ton of ways to make your adjustments. You can adjust by 1% increments if you wish.  Which is cool, or even set it to do a fade to whatever brightness you wish, and the duration of it as well. Just figure out what keys you want to use and map them with your desktop/wm. Or as mentioned, xbindkeys.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: