VectorLinux
October 23, 2014, 01:15:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Edmonton  (Read 1358 times)
dukefluke

« on: July 29, 2008, 11:14:15 am »

Hello Everyone,

I am a 6 year linux user(still consider myself a novice hehe,maybe intermediate)
First distro I tried was Redhat 6 or 7 can't remember, at a linux install party. Never ended up using it much.
Then I used Mandrake up until after they changed to Mandriva. Next was Slackware then Ubuntu.

Along the way I have used various live cd's based on gentoo(system rescue cd), debian(knoppix), and slackware(slax).

Finally my travels brought me to Vector. I had been using Slackware 12 on my laptop until my hard drive died(can't afford to replace it quite yet) and after a few weeks of using my gaming desktop(XP) I decided to free up some space and try out this Vector linux I had read about on slashdot.

That was 3 days ago and I haven't booted into Windows since.
My main desktop is a 64bit AMD 2.2ghz 1GB ram and let me tell you it is blisteringly fast. boot/shutdown times are amazing!

I also installed 5.9light on a p3 800mhz with 128mb ram and an older 8gb seagate drive and I was also really impressed by the boot times and performace.

I have been looking for a lightweight distro for a while and Vector is the best that I've found!  Grin
Also the Vector 5.9 SOHO Preview is a great way to show people compiz!

Thank you to everyone behind VL. I am happy to join this friendly VL communtiy!

btw which country is VL based out of? For some reason I thought it was canadian.

kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 01:20:13 pm »

Welcome Aboard hope you enjoy,

Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: