VectorLinux
September 01, 2014, 10:33:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to improve the appearance of VL - Fonts, Icon sets ...?  (Read 1338 times)
AtariFan

« on: July 26, 2008, 05:34:29 pm »

Hi,

I have just installed vector Linux 5.9 Standard on my Pentium 500 PC. Not bad. But I would like some UI tweaks.
Is it possible to download the Microsoft fonts and use them with VL? I also was not that enthusiastic about the icon themes. How can I get more Icon sets. Which sets would you recommend?
Next subject are the workspace icons. Is ist possible to display them from left to right? That would enable me to size down the panel.

Regards, Ludwig
budulay
Packager
Vectorian

NewComer

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 08:46:05 pm »

Hi, AtariFan, here is how I instaled ms fonts:
1) I installed microsoft fonts:
At first I installed this package - it allows to decompress fonts.
Then here comes fonts.
http://forum.vectorlinux.com/index.php?topic=6430.msg44814#msg44814

VL6.0-Light@MSI MS-1652(AMD TurionX2 ZM-84 2300 MHZ, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Nvidia GForce 9600M GT, GIGABYTE AirCruiser N300)
Registered Linux user #473602
SlackBuild Repository for VL7.Not much but it's a start. Join in!
wcs
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 09:59:38 am »

Next subject are the workspace icons. Is ist possible to display them from left to right? That would enable me to size down the panel.

I thought you could just move them to whatever you want, and they stay that way. But not sure.
AtariFan

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 02:19:07 pm »

I thought you could just move them to whatever you want, and they stay that way.
No. Right Click on the workspace icons ->popup ->Properties dialog ->setting number of rows to 1.
Now it is as I wanted.
wcs
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 03:50:11 pm »

No. Right Click on the workspace icons ->popup ->Properties dialog ->setting number of rows to 1.
Now it is as I wanted.

Got you. I thought you meant icons on your "desktop", but you meant the pager.

(you can change how many workspaces you have in Settings > Workspaces Settings, if you need it)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: