VectorLinux
October 31, 2014, 11:53:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Gripes about the MMBD  (Read 16479 times)
SuSE-Refugee
Ex-Officio
Vectorite

Dude In The Snappy Hat

« on: August 03, 2008, 06:59:47 am »

I wonder, if I'm th only one experyiencing the following:

On a *CLEAN* 5.9-SOHO installation (just imported my bookmarks into Opera and installed FF3) I installed the MMBD with the option "full install"(I hoped, xmms would be there, but that's for anothr rant..).
Looked like everything went fine and indeed; there was another ton of MM-apps added to the menues, but....

Opera was reset to default and cookies were cleared( WITHOUT MY CONSENT!) and what's worse:
I couldn't log into my regular user-account anymore.
"No big deal" was my thought. Just delete the account and create another one.
NOT!

When I tried to create another user-account, Vasm started to cry
Code:
User 'nels' contains illegal characters (CAPITAL)
I tried different names, even tried rebooting and then create a new user, but the error stayed.

Now I have two theories about the cause of these woes:
1(the obvious and easy one) : The MMBD is out-of-whack and messes with stuff it should stay clear away from.
2- I already noticed, the 5.9SOHO I got resulted in a b0rked(albeit still working) console-vasm and the installation of the MMBD sent it over the edge completely.

I'm afraid, the latter is the case, but it still begs the question: "What does a MMBD have to do with the systems BASIC configuration?!?!..." As far as I know, it shouldn't even come remotely close to anything VASM-related.

And still no xmms.... Embarrassed

...And Amarok doesn't work anymore either..
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 07:26:50 am by SuSE-Refugee » Logged

<Lame sig>
Dweeberkitty
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 08:11:29 am »

I wonder, if I'm th only one experyiencing the following:

Wow SuSE-Refugee! Now I really feel bad. Okay, I haven't heard any of those issues before and have only had experience with one of them. Let's see if we can't work though this and figure it out alright? First a few things I need to know:

1. Are you using the second disc of VL-SOHO or are you using a straight MMBD from my site?
2. What hardware are you using?

Opera was reset to default and cookies were cleared( WITHOUT MY CONSENT!) and what's worse:
I couldn't log into my regular user-account anymore.

Hmm... This is interesting that Opera is reset. I'll have to look into it, but this is the first time I've heard this problem and I'll give no guess as to what is happening there.

That's horrible! I would never have released the MMBD if it does stuff like ruining your user account. What is keeping you from being able to log in? Can you enter your username and password but it won't let you in? What exactly is going on?

"No big deal" was my thought. Just delete the account and create another one.
Even though you tried to use vasm to create your user account but it didn't work, can you try the "useradd" command? If you can do that and get into your system, it may shed some light on things.

1(the obvious and easy one) : The MMBD is out-of-whack and messes with stuff it should stay clear away from.
2- I already noticed, the 5.9SOHO I got resulted in a b0rked(albeit still working) console-vasm and the installation of the MMBD sent it over the edge completely.

I too have noticed that tui vasm is messed up in 5.9, but I'm not sure why you say the MMBD "sent it over the edge." Is it because after MMBD being installed, it made a "crippled" vasm unusable?

And still no xmms....  Embarrassed

...And Amarok doesn't work anymore either.

Yeah, I had asked people several times to give the programs that they wanted to have included, and I don't think xmms was ever really mentioned, especially since it was included by default on one of the VL releases. I guess we all assumed that it would be included on the next VL release as well. However, I am in the process of working on MMBD 2.0 and am still taking requests for more programs. At this time though, the MMBD really has a solid amount of apps, that should really work for almost everyone wanting to do multimedia (that is if you can get it installed on your computer  Wink)

How do you know that Amarok doesn't work anymore if you can't get into your user account? Can you get into root?

I'm afraid, the latter is the case, but it still begs the question: "What does a MMBD have to do with the systems BASIC configuration?!?!..." As far as I know, it shouldn't even come remotely close to anything VASM-related.

I completely agree with you. A multimedia disc should never mess with system settings or destroy things up like you described. At the moment, I still cannot think of any root cause for the symptoms you described, especially the user account business and vasm.

Now, here is one possibility: I released the final MMBD sometime during the 5.9 SOHO mid beta or RC stage. At that point, SOHO was supposed to remain relatively stable and unchanging such that the MMBD would still work when the final SOHO was released. Apparently, things did change because the goofy vasm wasn't present when I released the MMBD. But, I haven't had these problems installing on SOHO either.

I'm sorry if this wasn't much help. Please respond with a little more detail in the areas I asked, and we'll get to the bottom of this.  Grin

Registered Linux User #443399
Desktop: Intel Pentium D 3.33Ghz, 320GB hard drive, 2 gigs DDR2 533mhz RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GS, X2GEN 22" widescreen monitor;
Laptop: Dell Mini 9, Intel Atom 1.6Ghz, 1GB ram
Multimedia Bonus Disc website: http://www.vectorlinuxsolutions.com/
uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 08:19:07 am »

Code:
User 'nels' contains illegal characters (CAPITAL)
this is caused by a UTF8 lang in vasm.sh, it fixes a problem in hplip but caused other problems, like the one above.
it was removed from SOHO, but must have made it into another package???
SuSE-Refugee
Ex-Officio
Vectorite

Dude In The Snappy Hat

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 11:44:11 am »

To answer a few questions:
1-I *WAS* using the 2nd disc of the 5.9SOHO-pack, not the " straight one" from your site.

2-The Hardware: the very same, I run all other versions on: 1667Mhz Athlon, 2Gig DDR, 200Gig WD Caviar, Nvidia Geforce 5600-*somewhat*(256MB) AOPEN DVD-re-writer, LG "lightscribe" DVD-writer, 4Gig Quantum Bigfoot, SoundBlaster Live!, Realtek8139, a multicard-reader/usb-hub of un-remembered origin(but it works...) and a 22" IIyama E2202WS.
5.9std and 5.8SOHO run on it without a hitch(albeit due to my own meddlings, the 5.8SOHO is on its way down the crapper at high speed..), so the hardware shouldn' t be the problem.(but more on that later!)

3-I could still access my root-account just fine, but Amarok just "flashed up" and then dissappeared completely. Not even as a trayed icon. That problem, however was gone after the next reboot(after I posted this). Not a friggin' clue whatsoever. Could' ve bee a fluke, rooted in other issues.

4-The "Opera-reset" happened in my root-account!, which is what really irks me; I am the ONLY one to change anything in the root-account, not any ******* piece of bits.

5-"useradd"... Right... And I was scratching my head why "adduser" didn't do anything.... bloody "Emmenthaler" memory of mine...

And now coming back on a *somewhat* hardware related point:
For some odd reason, the BIOS-clock yearcount was suddenly set to 2069.
I'm **** sure , this wasn' t the case two days ago.

I first thought of checking the BIOS again, since I tried to test-install another version on a spare partition and no matter what version I tried(all the way back to VL4.0std..) every install failed at copying one of the big packages(usually kernel-sources or OOffice) and I met this problem a few years back on another machine.
My 5.9SOHO is still b0rked, though. Still crippled after install.

Regarding xmms: Between the tinkering(what a way to spen a rainy sunday...Cheesy ) I checked their own site and found out, Slackware removed xmms from their packages somewhere last year. Had to do with xmms being too tightly attached to Gtk+1 and giving problems with Gtk+2 or such.
I also found, there's a xmms2, built on Gtk+2. Maybe something to keep in mind? Linky: http://wiki.xmms2.xmms.se/wiki/Main_Page

Btw.-couldn' t get Audacious to play my files either...

Ergo Conclusio:
The very 5.9SOHO disc, I rcieved appears to be a "bad burn" (also had problems with it on my (NEW)laptop.) and there's something in the MMBD coming with it, that sends the already shaky installation over the edge in several fields. I have no clue as to what it is exactly,though.
Maybe some system calls are made during the install-process, that would go unnoticed and without harm on a healthy install, but can send a wonky install bonkers.

While the install of 5.9SOHO wasn' t really "splendid", the real problems(Opera-reset, inaccessible user-account, inabillty to re-create account) all started after the installation of the MMBD.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 12:00:49 pm by Dweeberkitty » Logged

<Lame sig>
Dweeberkitty
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 12:11:47 pm »

The very 5.9SOHO disc, I rcieved appears to be a "bad burn" (also had problems with it on my (NEW)laptop.) and there's something in the MMBD coming with it, that sends the already shaky installation over the edge in several fields. I have no clue as to what it is exactly,though.
Maybe some system calls are made during the install-process, that would go unnoticed and without harm on a healthy install, but can send a wonky install bonkers.

Thanks for the info. (BTW, please refrain from using obscene language). That sounds like a possibility. As I've never had a problem like this and had tested the MMBD thoroughly before releasing, it makes sense that it might be a "bad burn" case. However, I in no way want to just blame the problem on something like that, and am willing to take full responsibility for any errors that may be in the MMBD. If you think there is a problem inherent in the disc, let me know and I will gladly work to fix it. BUT, I don't want to spend much time trying to fix it if it is only a bad burn. We need to know that before we proceed.

As for the Opera problem, I am looking into it and will hopefully discover the root cause and get it fixed soon. Could you expand on the Audacious problem as well? Thanks!

Desktop: Intel Pentium D 3.33Ghz, 320GB hard drive, 2 gigs DDR2 533mhz RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GS, X2GEN 22" widescreen monitor;
SuSE-Refugee
Ex-Officio
Vectorite

Dude In The Snappy Hat

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 12:29:37 pm »

Looks like someone's been a tad over-zealeous with the profanity-hound-settings.
Courtesy isn't in words, rather in intentions.

But aside from that: I still think some attention is required regarding the MMBD's abillity to "tip the balance" on a not too clean installation.
Mind me: the install was reasonably working before the bonusdisc came into play. After it, the whole of it became useless.

Audacious: Starts just fine, but as soon as I want to open a file it shuts down. period.
That's all I can say on that one.
Same happens on my 5.9std, btw , but that one does have xmms, so it's no problem there.

<Lame sig>
SuSE-Refugee
Ex-Officio
Vectorite

Dude In The Snappy Hat

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 12:31:28 pm »

Btw,- I could send you the discs so you could see for yourself, if you have a test-system available. Just tell me where to send it to.

<Lame sig>
Dweeberkitty
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 12:46:47 pm »

But aside from that: I still think some attention is required regarding the MMBD's abillity to "tip the balance" on a not too clean installation.
Mind me: the install was reasonably working before the bonusdisc came into play. After it, the whole of it became useless.

I agree. It is something worthwhile looking into. Bad burns, or unstable systems is not something I took into account when designing the MMBD. I did take into account for systems that have already been heavily used and customized, so called "dirty" systems, but I didn't design for fundamental errors or instabilities in the operating system.

Btw,- I could send you the discs so you could see for yourself, if you have a test-system available. Just tell me where to send it to.

Actually, that might be a good idea. If I can test the discs and design future versions to somehow work around things like that, it would be a very good stability enhancement feature. I don't know how something like that would work, but it's definitely worth the time to make sure nothing happens. You can send the discs to the address on my site: http://www.vectorlinuxsolutions.com/contact_us.html. For sure you need to get Vector to send you some new discs.

BTW, I looked on my list, and Audacious is not on the MMBD. You will need to get support from the VL devs for that. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 12:49:23 pm by Dweeberkitty » Logged

exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 01:20:33 pm »

Whatever caused the bios date to change to 2069 could be the key to this. If your date was off that far into the future, surely there are timestamps all over your system with that date as well. There are several problems expected for todays hardware, software, and OS's that far into the future.  I can't find the facts, but UNIX time (the epoch one) is going to run out of seconds eventually. You may of acceded it.
Maybe this is what I'm looking for?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem
SuSE-Refugee
Ex-Officio
Vectorite

Dude In The Snappy Hat

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 10:49:45 pm »

Whatever caused the bios date to change to 2069 could be the key to this. If your date was off that far into the future, surely there are timestamps all over your system with that date as well. There are several problems expected for todays hardware, software, and OS's that far into the future.  I can't find the facts, but UNIX time (the epoch one) is going to run out of seconds eventually. You may of acceded it.
Maybe this is what I'm looking for?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem
I encoutered this issue of off-set date before and the main problem I had with it was it messed up installation (impossible to install )of an OS and occasionally graphical software(on an already installed OS) barfing up over "wrong timestamps" on images(Always a good clue) but not much else.
That's not saying you're not entirely right, though, but my current woes persisted after correcting the date in the BIOS, so that's not the sole problem.

In hindsight(so far...) I think this thread doesn't belong here after all; "Technical General" or one of the 5.9SOHO specific threads would be a better place for this.
After all; even though there appears to be some minor issue with the MMBD in regards to wonky installations, the crux of the problem lies more in the OS-installation itself.

<Lame sig>
SuSE-Refugee
Ex-Officio
Vectorite

Dude In The Snappy Hat

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 12:19:24 am »

Update: Got a PM from Vector with links to DL the discs again.
Ill give that a try and see what comes off it.

<Lame sig>
SuSE-Refugee
Ex-Officio
Vectorite

Dude In The Snappy Hat

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 01:12:14 am »

New update:

I gave the original discs another go (yes I know: I'm a stubborn bastard...) and this time everything looked fine, so I decided to test the MMBD on this one.
So, the script spew out a bunch of errors(again) and this time I saved the output of the MMBD-install to a text-file:
Code:
/bin/sh
sh install.sh
Install Everything (Installs ALL packages)
Ophalen package data [file:///mnt/cdrom/MMBD_Data/]...regex mislukt op [PACKAGE NAME:  x11docs.tlz]
Klaar
Ophalen lijst patches [file:///mnt/cdrom/MMBD_Data/]...Klaar
Ophalen lijst checksums [file:///mnt/cdrom/MMBD_Data/]...Klaar
Retrieving checksum signature [file:///mnt/cdrom/MMBD_Data/]...Not Found
Retrieving ChangeLog.txt [file:///mnt/cdrom/MMBD_Data/]...Klaar
Lezen package lijst...Klaar
: command not found
'h: line 3: syntax error near unexpected token `{
'h: line 3: `config() {
/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libboost_thread-mt.so is not a symbolic link

Kon niet downloaden: Incomplete download

Package niet gevonden: x11docs.tlz

cp: kan stat niet toepassen op `/root/slapt-getrc.backup': Onbekend bestand of map
rm: kan `/root/slapt-getrc' niet verwijderen: Onbekend bestand of map
rm: kan `/root/slapt-getrc.backup' niet verwijderen: Onbekend bestand of map
Yes chosen.

After a reboot, I could access my user-account, but...
logging out, logging in as root and logging out again, then re-login as "nels"(user-account) was a no-go.
Same problem again and no "delete user and re-create user" again. Same error.
Funny note: no Opera-reset this time(sofar...)

I'll try the new DLs later today and see how I fare with those.

<Lame sig>
no2thesame
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 04:33:59 am »

SuSE Refugee, I  had similar problems with the full install  see my first post to this thread: http://forum.vectorlinux.com/index.php?topic=6605.45

Similar error messages but I didn't send them all in.

Then for some reason I too wanted to delete my user account and start it again and couldn't with vasm. I have done this with previous versions of VL without incident. But I got the same:
Code:
User '****' contains illegal characters (CAPITAL)
no matter what I put in

I assumed the failure was my own stupidity and lack of tech know how so didn't report it.

After this I too did a reinstall and even though I couldn't recover my user account, this time I selected only some of the MMBD programs for install and it all seems to work.

My hardware is the Acer notebook in http://forum.vectorlinux.com/index.php?topic=4996.0
and the CDs were bought from VL.

no2
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 04:36:10 am by no2thesame » Logged
SuSE-Refugee
Ex-Officio
Vectorite

Dude In The Snappy Hat

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2008, 08:46:42 am »

OK,
Installed the fresh download of SOHO and it looked like I had a proper install; I checked the MD5Sum AND had the installation-routine check the files again.
The CD was burned at 8x, to stay on the safe side.

Hopped a couple o'times in and out of my user-account and all looked dandy.

On to installing the MMBD:
Not good: The error-log is even bigger now:
377 lines instead of the previous 202 lines....
And some errors, I didn't see before.
Code:
Install Everything (Installs ALL packages)
Retrieving package data [file:///media/VL_Disc2/MMBD_Data/]...regex failed on [PACKAGE NAME:  x11docs.tlz]
Done
Retrieving patch list [file:///media/VL_Disc2/MMBD_Data/]...Done
Retrieving checksum list [file:///media/VL_Disc2/MMBD_Data/]...Done
Retrieving checksum signature [file:///media/VL_Disc2/MMBD_Data/]...Not Found
Retrieving ChangeLog.txt [file:///media/VL_Disc2/MMBD_Data/]...Done
Reading Package Lists...Done

tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/raptor.devhelp2: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/up.png: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/raptor-section-xml.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/raptor-section-www.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/raptor-section-iostream.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-parser-features.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/raptor-parsers.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-serializing.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-serializer-features.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-serializer-to-destination.html: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/parser-ntriples.html: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-parser-set-namespace-handler.html: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/serializer-ntriples.html: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/raptor-section-sequence.html: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/raptor-section-general.html: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/serializer-rss-1-0.html: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-parser-content.html: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/parser-trig.html: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-parsing.html: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-serializer-destroy.html: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/reference-manual.html: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-serializer-declare-namespace.html: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-parser-runtime-info.html: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/raptor-section-serializer.html: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/raptor-section-xml-qname.html: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-parser-destroy.html: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-serializer-runtime-info.html: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/include/raptor.h: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: install/doinst.sh: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: install/slack-desc: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: install/slack-required: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: Error exit delayed from previous errors

/sbin/ldconfig: Writing of cache data failed: No space left on device
/usr/share/pkgtools/functions.installpkg.sh: line 352: /var/log/packages/raptor-1.4.17-i586-1vl59: No space left on device
/usr/share/pkgtools/functions.installpkg.sh: line 353: /var/log/packages/raptor-1.4.17-i586-1vl59: No space left on device
/usr/share/pkgtools/functions.installpkg.sh: line 354: /var/log/packages/raptor-1.4.17-i586-1vl59: No space left on device
/usr/share/pkgtools/functions.installpkg.sh: line 355: /var/log/packages/raptor-1.4.17-i586-1vl59: No space left on device
/usr/share/pkgtools/functions.installpkg.sh: line 356: /var/log/packages/raptor-1.4.17-i586-1vl59: No space left on device
/usr/share/pkgtools/functions.installpkg.sh: line 357: /var/log/packages/raptor-1.4.17-i586-1vl59: No space left on device
/usr/share/pkgtools/functions.installpkg.sh: line 358: /var/log/packages/raptor-1.4.17-i586-1vl59: No space left on device
/usr/share/pkgtools/functions.installpkg.sh: line 361: /var/log/packages/raptor-1.4.17-i586-1vl59: No space left on device
/usr/share/pkgtools/functions.installpkg.sh: line 362: /var/log/packages/raptor-1.4.17-i586-1vl59: No space left on device
/usr/share/pkgtools/functions.dotnew.sh: line 28: echo: write error: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/bin/raptor-config: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/doc/raptor-1.4.17/AUTHORS: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/lib/libraptor.la: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/man/man1/raptor-config.1.gz: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/man/man1/rapper.1.gz: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-parse-strictness.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/raptor.devhelp2: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/up.png: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/raptor-section-xml.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/raptor-section-www.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/raptor-section-iostream.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-parser-features.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/raptor-parsers.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-serializing.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-serializer-features.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-serializer-to-destination.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/parser-ntriples.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-parser-set-namespace-handler.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/serializer-ntriples.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/raptor-section-sequence.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/raptor-section-general.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/serializer-rss-1-0.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-parser-content.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/parser-trig.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-parsing.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-serializer-destroy.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/reference-manual.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-serializer-declare-namespace.html: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-parser-runtime-info.html: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/raptor-section-serializer.html: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/raptor-section-xml-qname.html: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-parser-destroy.html: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/share/gtk-doc/html/raptor/tutorial-serializer-runtime-info.html: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: usr/include/raptor.h: Could not write to file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: install/doinst.sh: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: install/slack-desc: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: install/slack-required: Could not create file: No space left on device
tar-1.13-pkgtools: Error exit delayed from previous errors

/sbin/ldconfig: Writing of cache data failed: No space left on device
No such package: x11docs.tlz
cp: cannot stat `/root/slapt-getrc.backup': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/root/slapt-getrc': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/root/slapt-getrc.backup': No such file or directory
Yes chosen.
Also: I copied this to KEdit, but....
...I couldn't save it?(I'm logged in as root..)
Not even in my root-home-dir?

So, I thought "fire up Opera and copy it straight into the thread". Sounds logical, doesn't it?

Nu-uh! Opera gave me the "intro"-screen, then vanished.
Firefox started whinging about another instance being open. Same with Seamonkey.(but they wouldn't let me create another profile...)
Dillo finally worked and that one I'm posting from now.

Oh yeah; konqueror (I just thought about that one..) works too, but since I won't use Opera to browse files on my system , I won't use Konqueror to browse the web.

I haven't checked the user-account issue yet(had to safe the errors first somehow.). That'll come in my next post.

<Lame sig>
SuSE-Refugee
Ex-Officio
Vectorite

Dude In The Snappy Hat

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2008, 08:58:15 am »

TeeHee!
I can still login as a user!
And now I can see, why I couldn't save those files: The partition, I installed SOHO on(5Gig) is full.
Not a single byte left.
Guess I'll have to undo the istallation of the MMBD and choose the "manual" installation.

In my user-account Opera works , btw. Maybe that's also caused by the full-disc?...

<Lame sig>
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: