So, after playing with it for a while, here are the problems that I found.
Apologies if some of them have been raised before.
I also didn't find a bug thread for 5.9 Light final.
1. I couldn't remove certain packages using slapt-get/gslapt. This applied to gqview and opera. The packages do remove from /var/log/packages and do not show up in gslapt, but the files are still there.
Gqview gave me told me that it couldn't find any files, so they were not removed.
I don't know what the error was in opera, but it didn't delete the files either, and I had to do it manually.
This might apply to other packages...
2. I can restart from kdm, but if I click on it for a while to choose what to boot in lilo, it crashes. Pressing shutdown also crashes it. Big time, only a hard reboot fixes it.
3. I cannot choose services for runlevels that I'm not currently running in VasmCC. Whenever I go back there, everything is the same. I need to init to another runlevel, then go to VasmCC to change it, and so forth.
4. Mounter in VasmCC (VL-Hot or HAL) doesn't do anything.
5. Window Manager in VasmCC only gives fluxbox and jwm as choices... openbox isn't there (I suppose that's what's used by lxde).
6. RipperX icon was not there. The .desktop file is not right. It should say AudioVideo for the Categories and it didn't. Also the icon points to some other place, even though there is an icon called ripper.xpm installed.
7. Nothing opens in Firefox when double-clicking on the VL Docs desktop icon. It cannot find the file because it gets confused with the location. The launcher should read "browser_vl /usr/doc...".
And that's it.
All in all, I was amazed that VL Light was so good, but there were these things to iron out (at least in my machine), which might really confuse initial users.