VectorLinux
April 16, 2014, 05:37:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After Compiling a Theme Engine, it's NO where in my theme manager (((SOLVED)))  (Read 1770 times)
taime1

« on: August 14, 2008, 10:16:52 am »

I have successfully compiled the Aurora theme engine (no errors) and the .la and .so files are in the correct path with the other theme engines on my machine. i have run ldconfig, restarted my computer, recompiled, over and over again, and STILL, this theme engine will not show up in my theme manager. HERE IS THE WEIRDEST PART: not even the the themes (which are in /usr/share/themes) will show up in my theme manager for selection. but the xfwm themes WILL. im at my wit's end with this. it seems so simple, yet im at a dead end. help?

okay. here is what i discovered: when i copied the themes into /usr/share/themes, the permissions were changed on them, making them "no access". the reason they did not show up when i placed them in ~/.themes, is because i named it .Themes, with a capital t..

im becoming the laughing stock of this forum. LEARN from my mistakes before its too late!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 03:57:15 pm by taime1 » Logged
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 02:08:22 pm »

Heh, heh.  Don't feel bad. I've made many mistakes that weren't obvious to me at the time, that others wouldn't of made. You know, silly stuff like posting in the kernel thread that I couldn't get my custom built kernel to work.  After many failed attempts...  I figured out I wasn't running LILO after installing.  I SHOULD of remembered that.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: