VectorLinux
October 24, 2014, 03:44:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Vector Linux Light a liveCD?  (Read 3780 times)
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 12:55:43 pm »

Even running on a LiveCD won't be very accurate for particular hardware. For example, those wanting Light to run on older, or smaller systems , will probably have more success using the installation CD.
 A LiveCD requires more from a system, such as more memory.

All that aside, I believe there is a LiveCD based on the VL-Light, in the making process. I'm sure more details will surface in due time.
nooby

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 05:24:58 am »

Hi Bruce, Hi Masta,

yes, there are pro et cons with almost everything.

I love Linux as a concept. Maybe Solaris or something else is even more stable .
But Linux have a much bigger base of users than the less known OS.

what I don't like about Linux is that it has not enough money to buy Adobe so
one can look at Youtube without the browser freezing already after two or three
clips while it only freeze in Windows after some hours of hundreds of clips.

Linux has not enough money to pay for the proprietary companies programs getting
Linux drivers that works with adobe. There is power in numbers. A kind of Catch 22.

Linux users are still too few to gain a momentum to get more users.

And what about this program. DAZ Studio. Still only for Windows. and no real Linux alternative.
Blender has nothing compared to the human models in DAZ. MakeHuman could maybe in future
get such quality. But that depends on them still wanting to do it. Such is not warranted.

While DAZ already exists.

Sorry getting OT here. I wish me would be better at computers. I should get a good computer
to put linux on. But I have no idea what to buy. I don't trust me to be able to put one together
on my own. It should be compatible with DAZ Studio latest version and also be compatible with Linux
so I can dual boot Windows XP and Linux distros.

EeePC 900 1GB 16GB Vector 7.0 STDGold frugal install.
SnowPuppy 5.0 (Lucid Puppy 513 based)
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 09:00:13 am »

Yeah, I would also like my cake and eat it too  Cheesy

For those who want Live versions, your wish has been fullfilled:
http://forum.vectorlinux.com/index.php?topic=7431.0
newt
Vectorian

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 09:49:49 am »

It looks as though DAZ|Studio v2.2 has quite good support under the latest wine (Platinum support based on wineHQ review).  I guess you CAN have your cake and eat it too - all while modeling a human being!! Grin

I don't generally have troubles looking at youtube videos, however I don't generally look at more than 10 or so at a time (on occasions).

I think momentum is building in *nix, especially with MSs help (i.e. Vista and soon-to-be v7) Grin
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: