VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: CAD renderings under Windows WINE run programs  (Read 1524 times)

bako

CAD renderings under Windows WINE run programs
« on: August 20, 2008, 02:28:31 am »

Hallo Everybody,

I just installed VL on my laptop as my only OS, and looks fine (had to reinstall a couple of times because I messed up the system while reading some Slackware manuals, but ok, I sure don't blame the system...).

Just a first question:

I want to use some freeware programs created by IKEA (the furniture producer) for furnishing the house.
They work under Win, and starting with WINE they look working, but I can not see anything in the visualisation window.
I think it is a kind of basical CAD application with possibility of 3D rendering.
Actually, when I change something, during the rendering progress it's possible to see the objects for a second, then the visualisation screen immediately fades black.
I am using a VL 5.9 Standard (fully installed), last WINE version, P3 866Mhz with 120 MB RAM (but I tried on openSUSE 11.0 on my T61 with 2GB RAM and I have the same problem).

Anybody has an idea?

Thanks in andvance,

Bart