VectorLinux
December 18, 2014, 06:05:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CAD renderings under Windows WINE run programs  (Read 1415 times)
bako

« on: August 20, 2008, 01:28:31 am »

Hallo Everybody,

I just installed VL on my laptop as my only OS, and looks fine (had to reinstall a couple of times because I messed up the system while reading some Slackware manuals, but ok, I sure don't blame the system...).

Just a first question:

I want to use some freeware programs created by IKEA (the furniture producer) for furnishing the house.
They work under Win, and starting with WINE they look working, but I can not see anything in the visualisation window.
I think it is a kind of basical CAD application with possibility of 3D rendering.
Actually, when I change something, during the rendering progress it's possible to see the objects for a second, then the visualisation screen immediately fades black.
I am using a VL 5.9 Standard (fully installed), last WINE version, P3 866Mhz with 120 MB RAM (but I tried on openSUSE 11.0 on my T61 with 2GB RAM and I have the same problem).

Anybody has an idea?

Thanks in andvance,

Bart
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: