VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: After Compiling a Theme Engine, it's NO where in my theme manager (((SOLVED)))  (Read 2052 times)

taime1

I have successfully compiled the Aurora theme engine (no errors) and the .la and .so files are in the correct path with the other theme engines on my machine. i have run ldconfig, restarted my computer, recompiled, over and over again, and STILL, this theme engine will not show up in my theme manager. HERE IS THE WEIRDEST PART: not even the the themes (which are in /usr/share/themes) will show up in my theme manager for selection. but the xfwm themes WILL. im at my wit's end with this. it seems so simple, yet im at a dead end. help?

okay. here is what i discovered: when i copied the themes into /usr/share/themes, the permissions were changed on them, making them "no access". the reason they did not show up when i placed them in ~/.themes, is because i named it .Themes, with a capital t..

im becoming the laughing stock of this forum. LEARN from my mistakes before its too late!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 04:57:15 pm by taime1 »

exeterdad

• Packager
  • Vectorian

Heh, heh.  Don't feel bad. I've made many mistakes that weren't obvious to me at the time, that others wouldn't of made. You know, silly stuff like posting in the kernel thread that I couldn't get my custom built kernel to work.  After many failed attempts...  I figured out I wasn't running LILO after installing.  I SHOULD of remembered that.  ::)