VectorLinux
November 27, 2014, 11:15:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Timidity++ no sound from GUI, but cmd line ok  (Read 3100 times)
mick12345678
Vectorite

« on: August 26, 2008, 11:40:50 am »

I installed Timidity++ midi player using gslapt (in VL Gold 5.9)
I now have an extra item in my multimedia category when I right click on the desktop. This brings up a GUI player, which doesnt actually play anything. When I open a midi, it just sits there   Angry .

However, running "timidity test.mid" from a console plays with no problem. Huh

Anyone got any ideas ?
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 02:31:32 pm »

Try double clicking on the song you want to hear. For some reason, after loading a song clicking the "play/pause" button doesn't start playing it as you might expect (I know I did). For me, changes in the volume seem to react a little slow. Not a problem though, just put it up high, and change the volume with the normal mixer

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
mick12345678
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 11:33:22 am »

Thanks - sorry about the delay in replying (I've been away).
Doubling clicking a midi caused it to be played by Mplayer, so I tried "open with" then "browse" and selected Timidity. This  worked - in that the midi started playing - but there was no program interface visible at all so I had to  "kill" the process to stop the midi playing  Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: