VectorLinux
November 22, 2014, 07:20:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some issues  (Read 1107 times)
caballero

« on: September 08, 2008, 07:36:55 am »

Hi

I'm new in VL. First i want to say that this distro has really impressed me. When at last i could see it installed i thinked "this is the operating system what i would like to have". It's clear, light and fast. Perhaps common in every Slackware distros.

Althought the installation process is not easy. Sometimes some packages crashes when unpacking (maybe by time overflow). And many times, at login time, it doesn't be able to start the x-system (xface) nevertheless sometimes it can (?).

The version that i probed is 5.9 standard with xface as default.

Live CD has no problem to start and install. But when i try to restart the system... something doesn't go well at the x-system start time, but not always (?).

When i try to run mario, the system shows me the message "video mode not supported".

It would be very kind if you cand help me.

Thank you.
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 08:11:29 am »

The problem you describe is probably the video card.

Mario probably uses 800x600 or less.

Bigpaws
newt
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 08:26:21 am »

I sounds like you may be installing your system from the Live CD.  If so, then perhaps your problems stem from that.  Although the Live cd offers an installer, I always prefer the non-live version for installing.  If you have installed from the Live CD, and you have the bandwidth to download the non-live 5.9 Standard Gold version, then I would try installing with the non-live version and determine if you continue to have the same problems.
caballero

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 11:57:24 am »

Well i installed it from standard non-live, also i tried also with zenlinux installing it from non-live and live, this one works better but i don't like its look and feel so much and it seems not very robust.

I have and amd k7 and I have installed three 128K memory cards and and old ati rage... Maybe something is not very good.

thank you!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: