VectorLinux
August 27, 2014, 08:48:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do i change date format  (Read 915 times)
jwiVL

« on: August 18, 2009, 04:04:01 pm »

Hi,i just installed VL 6 Standard and i noticed all the date stamps are in the format YYYY-DD-MM.How do i change it system wide so it is MM-DD-YYYY.I am in the USA if it makes a difference.
So far i like VL and haven't had to many problems.Keep up the good work..Thanks in advance for the help.

edit:I mostly figured it out.VL uses the English(British) format,since it is from Canada.Anyways does anyone know how to change the date format code that is used in Firefox?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 05:19:48 am by jwiVL » Logged
henryxcrudos
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 05:22:00 am »

Have you checked what language you use Firefox in? I think that makes all the difference for date formats. So in your case, I guess setting it to EN-US will help.

VL Light 6.0 (Final built, 31/03/09, kernel 2.6.27.12).
Dell Latitude C610 [PIII, 1GHz, 128MB SDRAM, 10GB EIDE/ATA HD, cheapo wifi stick (Belkin)]
Registered Linux User no. 495460
Oh no! -> Tropic of Vector
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: