VectorLinux
October 20, 2014, 09:45:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: recreating/fixing LILO after motherboard battery change  (Read 4503 times)
icedtea
Vectorite

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 06:11:39 pm »

i can hardly move the cursor when im at that page. .

Not sure what you mean by that.. you move the selection with the arrow keys on the boot menu.

Anyways, if you did fixmbr and fixboot from recovery console without luck, I'm out of quick fix suggestions Sad

At this time, all traces of Linux in the boot process should be gone, and it's a windows problem. In the past I have repaired windows with similar symptoms by installing over the old installation. To do so, do not select recovery console or repair options, but continue the install. Do not format or change the install location or filesystem.

And you did back up your files by now?

1. what i mean is.. even i move the arrow keys it does not change the options.. it just hangs

2. actually i have already backed up all my win files in my external HD. i just wanted to recover my win to be able to install some apps not recognized by linux.. Smiley  and i plan to install solaris in my recent win HD (i think i will not anymore reinstall windows.. ) Wink

3. btw, i wanted to try the "chkdsk" option in win xp's recovery console to check for badsectors. . .

using VL 5.1 SOHO , 5.8 GOLD
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 05:55:54 am »

(i think i will not anymore reinstall windows.. ) Wink

Problem solved then.  Grin
icedtea
Vectorite

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 04:02:44 am »

(i think i will not anymore reinstall windows.. ) Wink

Problem solved then.  Grin