VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: VL 7.2 Light Rc2  (Read 46 times)

overthere

• Vectorian
VL 7.2 Light Rc2
« on: March 21, 2017, 04:54:42 am »

Hi Folks
Installed the Vectorlinux light 7.2 Rc2 32 today.

I have an issue with the nm-applet, when clicked it shows available networks, however when one is selected it fails to pop up the password dialog. and the icon simply spins for a bit and stops.

one can enter the password manually but it takes 30 seconds or so for the wifi security tab to appear in the edit dialog.

If manually entered it connects, relogin and reboot is reconnected.

if deleted the issue returns.

Otherwise I like it so far. added leafpad to the ice panel, updated gslapt and added gimp and pysol, updated menu and unchecked the check for updates box in smplayer to stop the nag.

then naturally added fluxbox and feh

the included xdg menu maker and scrot along with a menu edit link and feh for easy wallpaper made for a simple alternative.

screenshot
https://www.dropbox.com/s/barjc6u25kik3kv/VL72rc2light.png?dl=0

Is the nm-applet issue just me?

Anyway nice work

Cheers
Everything Is Relative

rbistolfi

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: VL 7.2 Light Rc2
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 07:08:31 am »

I have seen the NM applet issue, still trying to figure out whats going on. I think it may be a service without permissions or similar. I will keep researching.
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 07:26:15 am »

The NM issue was figured out and fixed in B2, released after RC2. Yes, I know that is backwards, but we decided to match STD in versioning, and haven't been able to remove the old ISOs yet.

You should be able to fix this issue simply by creating a directory in your home dir, called "~/.cache". Let us know how that works.

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 07:30:09 am »

Speaking of ISOs.. you will see B2.1 as well. It is experimental and has a small issue where you need to select "icewm" from GDM. It will be rebuilt and replaced once a new version of icewm makes it into the repo.

overthere

• Vectorian
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 08:54:39 am »

Sorry, I did not notice the date on the B2..will try it. and first the /.cache in home. Thanks
Everything Is Relative