VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: fluxbox  (Read 241 times)

overthere

• Vectorian
fluxbox
« on: May 31, 2015, 09:23:22 pm »

fluxbox
perhaps it is just me..
the 1.3.6 version of fluxbox in the testing repository has an issue with the right click menu on the panel and slit..there is no menu for panel and the slit flashes on and off when auto hide is selected ..or unselected..perhaps it is just me..version 1.3.3 from the standard source appears to work

..I find the panel volume control does not work on STD or light thus wmix in fluxbox does not work either.

I think this toshiba satellite A-100 is about to become homeless
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 03:39:35 pm by overthere »
Everything Is Relative

overthere

• Vectorian
(solved) Re: fluxbox
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 02:04:38 pm »

Just to be clear

Fluxbox 1.3.6 does not work on this Toshiba Satellite A-100, but 1.3.3  from standard sources does while available.

The volume controls on the players like smplayer and youtube appear to work fine, this laptop does have a physical volume control wheel that also works.

So I simply have to remove the xfce panel volume and icewm panel volume as they do not function on this particular laptop.

This means that my previous customizations of the desktop are no longer possible ...perhaps a relief to all... ;D

edit: wrong option..xfce req.smplayer option/pref/audio/ option alsa rather than oss, alsa(00HDA intel), alsa (06-HDA intel), PCM, etc and no change to panel options. changed every thing but..da

fluxbox 1.3.3 is no longer available
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 07:28:04 pm by overthere »
Everything Is Relative

overthere

• Vectorian
Re: fluxbox
« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:43:01 pm »

Find that fluxbox1.3.5 works OK from Slackware but 1.3.7 is the same as 1.3.6 in repository...as mentioned 1.3.3 also worked but is no longer in repository. Guess not an issue for many others but perhaps of interest for those with this laptop.
Everything Is Relative

rbistolfi

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: fluxbox
« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:02:42 pm »

I will test fluxbox tomorrow. Thanks for the report
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!