VectorLinux
October 31, 2014, 11:08:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dell 1490 mini wireless card  (Read 3066 times)
CrazyDog

« on: September 25, 2008, 01:04:29 am »

Wasn't sure where to post this but I am wanting to migrate to Vector from Ubuntu.  When I install Ubuntu and am hooked up with ethernet, it automatically installs something called "fwcutter" to get my wireless going.  If I install Vector 5.9.1, will it do the same thing (is my wireless supported), or will I have to resort to the command line, which I am not at all proficient at.  Any replies appreciated.

Thanks-
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 07:32:11 am »

No we don't use fwcutter, but there are some other tools such as vlwifi which should get you working. If not, someone here can help you get it going.

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
newt
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 09:59:13 am »

... will I have to resort to the command line, which I am not at all proficient at...
You will find a great community here that is willing to help with any task, including the simple tasks.  If it requires any command line editing/commands to get your wireless working you can be sure that we'll help you throughout.  The benefit to command line is that the more you do it the more proficient you become, so if you do end up doing any command line changes then look at it as learning for the future. Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: